• Popcorn Points determine how popular a video is. You can click the popcorn bucket or simply react (Like, Love, etc.) and it will register a vote.

A Terminator Trailer I did for Adobe!

Some years ago Adobe created a contest where you had to create your own trailer for the latest Terminatior movie. The main prize was $10,000 and a projection of your job in Adobe's offices. Great opportunity!

Well... I got the first place, but Spain wasn't included in the contest and I didn't knew it, so they removed me from the contest after I was told I was the winner. This obviously had a bad impact on me, but nevertheless I think it's still cool to share it and try to get better at it: you never know what chances you'll have in the future!

They only provided us with footage and voice clips, everything else was up to us. I added a couple of visual effects and OBVIOUSLY a grindhouse filter, hired someone for the narration (bad audio mixing in this one, I know...) and I thought that it would be funny to add the joke at the end as well.

Let me know your thoughts on it!

Upvote 3
Pretty cool man, I think it's pretty creative how you reframed the movie as a 70s drive in flick. That sucks thought that you got disqualified after winning the contest, I don't really understand why Adobe would limit what country the winners could be from. Seems kind of pointless and unfair, since Adobe is used worldwide. Anyway great effort on this one, fun video!

According to Google, the winner was from Paris. Are you saying Spain was specifically excluded??? That does not seem right.

I don't see anything odd, contests always have restrictions. What was odd was to inform him he is the winner and rescind.

And yes he is correct:

ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (excluding
Puerto Rico) and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) (except Alabama and Nebraska 19
and 21 in Mississippi) years of age or older at the time of Promotion registration, as well as legal
residents of the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, Australia, and New
Zealand, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of Promotion registration.

Alright, I think I finally learnt how to use this Quote thing and not answering one by one...

Pretty cool man, I think it's pretty creative how you reframed the movie as a 70s drive in flick.
Thanks a lot! It's kinda the thing I do the most, so I knew exactly how I would do it as soon as I heard from this contest!

Sucks that you got the rug pulled from under you. Great job, though!
Kinda my bad that I didn't read the full rules... never has happened again, though! ðŸĪŠ

Are you saying Spain was specifically excluded???
Nope! The contest had some specific countries that could participate, and it was my fault that I didn't check properly on that list 😅

I don't see anything odd, contests always have restrictions. What was odd was to inform him he is the winner and rescind.
You're right! Sorry if somehow I made you guys misunderstood, my point was I got sad just because of that last sentence you said: I was told that I got first place, and then I realized that I didn't. But of course I instantly knew that was a mistake that I made, and I can't blame them about it!

Thank you all for your kind words!! This kind of stuff really builds me up! 😁

steve harvey GIF by Miss Universe
steve harvey GIF by Miss Universe

Back