• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

A good heist movie

Okay well I cant find anyone that will let me film their script, so I am going to write my own. I am going to do a heist movie. Something down the line like Reservoir Dogs. What would be a good heist idea? Nothing like Oceans Eleven. Would a simple bank be to boring and predictable?

Would a simple bank be to boring and predictable?

It would only be as boring & predictable as you make it.

How many movies have there been about "boy meets girl? It's a very simple concept, but there's a million ways to do it. Some of them win an award from the Academy... others just blow. There's a lot in the middle.

So write a great story about a simple premise!

I cant find anyone that will let me film their script

Here? Seriously? :hmm:

Maybe!

A heist set within someone's mind. Maybe an elite team of burglars who steal not money- not jewels- but ideas from the victim's head while they sleep.

It could be a hit.

You're joking, right?

DesperadoMan, there are literally thousands of screenwriters who've put their work, online, free for anyone to shoot. If you haven't found them, you haven't really looked.

Something down the line like Reservoir Dogs. What would be a good heist idea? Nothing like Oceans Eleven. Would a simple bank be to boring and predictable?
This still on the thousand+ dollar budget?
About 30min long?
Three leads + a few suporting?
Average vehicles & generic locations?

Nah, bank heists are fine.
Plenty of bank heist films out there, yet the two most notable ones I found interesting were PUBLIC ENEMY and THE TOWN.

So, for your own homework you oughtta analyze (waaaay beyond "just watching & enjoying") why these two or whatever strikes your fancy are entertaining.
What are the elements to the story?
Was it JUST the technical execution of the robbery? Or something else?

BOL

Last edited:
Back