• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

48 Hour Editing Flowchart

Uranium City

Pro Member
indiePRO
As the annual competitive film festival season heats up, I thought I'd share the editing flowchart my producer Benjamin Karl and I have used for a couple of years now:

editing flow chart.jpg

It's a good system in that all elements of post can occur simultaneously...color correctors don't have to wait for the picture cut, etc. Of course we set up the LAN a few days ahead of time and test it before the clock starts. Last year we had 9 editors in the war room and rolled all Saturday night and Sunday, power napping and snacking as needed. There are always a few kinks but it's a pretty good system.

Thanks, I signed up .. see what happens..

I would use my family, however, I don't think I want to push them THAT HARD. It would not be fun for them. I cant use up all my "dad" credits in one hard weekend. Ill be better off just sending them off on a beach trip weekend and do my own thing and taking a few days vacation to just hang.. (FYI, I knew you were teasing, even without the 4 smiles.. what don't I warrant five?.

Back