2014 SECRET SANTA TIME!!!

Alright you fat turkey heads, it's time for those of us able to cobble together a little Christmas cheer to entertain your fellow IT friends with SECRET SANTA video gifts!

https://www.drawnames.com/
I think we begin by stepping up and saying "Ho-ho-hail yeah!" followed by someone collecting email contacts for drawnames.com to send each of us a private link to your drawn name and their wish list.
Or something like that.

And this year please fill out your wish lists ASAP! so that you don't receive a copy and paste blank generic Christmas "gift." **

It's a GIFT! Specifically made for YOU!
(Headzup: This year the poor and unfortunate sucker - I mean "felllow IT friend" I draw is getting a 'Cristmas with Uncle Dick' video. Ah ha ha ha! :lol:)

Last year's Keystone Kop routine: http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=51299
Last year's most excellent Secret Santa video gifts: http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=51686

Oh, and before I forget - Good intentions and all that, "Yeah" the general idea is to craft something by Christmas eve or day, but... you know... life happens. So...
Christmas+New Years or thereabouts is good. ;)

Who's game?! :D

** There's a SNL skit about generic Valentine's Day "gifts" from the pharmacy shelf I gotta go hunt down.

Ho-ho-hail yeah! I'll be the first to throw my santa hat in the ring...
Ho-ho-HAAAAIL yeah!

Hey, I just went digging through the past few years and this'll be your first it looks like. Congratulations!

Ho-ho-hail yeah!

but it might just be recycled footage from all the poptent commercials i made this year.. THAT DIDN'T GET BOUGHT!
Ho-ho-HAAAAIL yeah!
That would indeed be extra special.
Recycling is good. ;)

SNL's 'Some Dumb Little Thing from CVS.'
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/83858551/

(While digging through the gifts of Christmas' past I can't believe this page has had over a thousand views: http://shitkarter-nicksnogginproject.blogspot.com/
Crazy.)

Last edited:
I don't know where I'll find the time to do this, but I can't say no to an IT Secret Santa, so... I'm in!

I think we begin by stepping up and saying "Ho-ho-hail yeah!" followed by someone collecting email contacts for drawnames.com to send each of us a private link to your drawn name and their wish list.
Or something like that.

I believe the rule is if you make the thread, you are in charge. ;) So where shall I send my email address?

I don't know where I'll find the time to do this, but I can't say no to an IT Secret Santa, so... I'm in!
santa-smiley-ho-ho-ho.gif
Ho-ho-HAAAAIL yeah!

PM yo-yo-your email to me, bay-beeeee!
banana-santa.gif

I'm in and I'll try and make amends for failing to deliver last year (which was only excusable because my giftee also failed to deliver).

:)

Ray, I think to keep things more organized we should set a deadline for signups in the original post. Since we'll need some time after getting our matches to put something together. :)

I'm new around these parts so I'm not sure how this works. Seems fun though.

All are welcome!

The way it works is as follows:

1) PM your email address to the organizer (rayw)
2) After signups close you will get an email with the name of your giftee. Don't tell anyone who you got!
3) Make them a film/video gift. It doesn't need to be fancy, there is no pressure. Just so long as you give them something, it can even just be a webcam of you saying "Merry Christmas." Though, obviously it's more fun for everyone when folks get creative.
4) Starting on Christmas Eve, someone will make a thread and post their gifts, which is when you find out who your Santa is and get to see the awesome and/or thoughtful work of other ITers.

Long story short it's just a nice excuse to make something and share in the holiday spirit with our online filmmaker family. I hope you participate, the more the merrier!

Ray, I think to keep things more organized we should set a deadline for signups in the original post. Since we'll need some time after getting our matches to put something together. :)
Will do!

Everybody on board Secret Santa's Sleigh by this Friday night, December 5th.
Draw names and send emails by Saturday morning, December 6th.
That'll give folks a good three weekends and two & a half weeks to work with, stragglers aside.

Fair enuf?

2014%252012%252001%2520Christmas%2520Calendar%2520December.png

Last edited:
I can't believe this is the 5th annual IT Secret Santa! I'm so glad this tradition caught on :)

Hopefully we'll get more people taking part than ever before, in honour of the anniversary.

Agreed. I hope so, too.

We may need to send out some PMs to the old-faithfuls though if we're gonna get everyone signed up by the 5th...

Anyone else have some
christmas-cheer.jpg

Christmas Cheer?!

C'mon! Give a present to some good little IndieTalk boy or girl. (I've done both!
skiing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
)

So far we've got:
  • RayW
  • ItDonnedOnMe
  • Wheatgrinder
  • Dreadylocks
  • Daniel_S
  • NickClapper

And LegacyOfWax just now signed up! Hooray!!!!

Don't be like Scrooge The Cat here →
christmas-cheer_o_1004726.jpg

Give us a "Ho-ho-hail yeah!" and a PM email and the rest will almost automagically get done with elven magic*!

* Nah. You do kinda sorta hafta make a video gift, and it helps if you fill in the gift wish, too, but that's about it.

Ernest is in! OMG, it's good to see you, buddy! Ray is back! What is going on?! There's so much to celebrate here! Ahhhhhhhh!

Of course I'm in. I think I might do something with a whole bunch of symbology this year. Maybe. Depends on who I've got and what they're asking Santa for.

Ho-ho-HAIL yeah!

Of course I'm in. I think I might do something with a whole bunch of symbology this year. Maybe. Depends on who I've got and what they're asking Santa for.
Ho-ho-HAIL yeah!

The "2014 IndieTalk Secret Santas!" group has been set up!
I've sent emails to those folks I have emails for...

2014%252012%252004%25202014%2520Secret%2520Santa%2520DrawNames%2520Joined%2520List.png

We're a couple of emails short of a full current group! ItDonnedOnMe and Earnest Worthing, PM your emails.
(I promise to not sell them to any "alternate lifestyle" websites. Really. For really really.)
If you didn't get a email in your usual inbox try looking in your spam folder, sometimes they get routed over there.

UPDATE: Baby Jesus in a manger! Nick's on the ball this morning! Already joined the group!
Eggsellen-tay!

Last edited:
Benefits of it being the afternoon here.
Indeed. :)

ZenSteve, I see you snoopin' this thread. More than a couple times. ;)

You hemmin' and hawin', debatin' and cogitatin' on whether the join in? :yes:

Got a little Christmas cheer to spare, sir?
:yes:
merry_christmas_everybody_by_meninasuitcase-d35krat.gif
:yes:

Last edited:
Back