• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

ZOMBIE SHORT

I want to make a short zombie movie. Literally about 3-5 mins long. It does not have to have a good story to it. Just needs to be a kick ass zombie short lol

So basically lots of blood, zombie killing an flesh eating.

I want the zombies to be fast and aggressive like 28 days/weeks later style.

Just want to know if anybody has any cool ides for things i should include?

Thanks

Jake

It does not have to have a good story to it. Just needs to be a kick ass zombie short
Oxymorons aside, they should receive as good as they give.
- Beating the zombies with a dismembered arm.
- Garroting them with intestines.
- Bludgeoning them with the skull of last week's lunch.

To get that 28 days/weeks look do you know at what setting your shutter speed needs to be?

Does not compute.
Okay, that made me laugh hard enough to spit my coffee back out. You, sir, owe me a new keyboard ;)

Seriously though, I was wondering about that statement; why would a film not need a good story? Horror movies doubly so (as a horror fan, I do get sorta snobby about that sometimes). It seems, if I'm understanding the original poster correct, you just want to film some zombie/gore action scenes, not necessarily a film.

Then it occured to me EXACTLY the context your ambitions would work in. Music videos. Wherever you are, I'm sure you can find a local hard rock/metal/goth/industrial/dark techno/etc artist or band that would LOVE a stream of zombie action video. Music video gives you a lot more freedom from narration (though plenty of awesome videos ARE narrative). The drawback is you are tied to a particular music track and dialogue is minimial if at all. That said, as a musician and fan of music videos, I think breaking the song to include a dialogue scene would be neat and different, though not every musician would see it that way.

Anyway, that would be a great way to make the film that you'd like to make, and give it a context for people to watch and enjoy it.

As far as your original question, if you can find enough people, you can't go wrong with a good "zombie press". With the fast zombie concept, you can have them tearing each other apart, trying to get to the front of the crowd where the fresh meat is. There isn't enough zombie on zombie violence!

Or turn it up side down. How about hyper intelligent civilized organized zombies. Normal people are just food stock. Every now and then they enjoy a good slumming day hunting in the gheto. Zombies with witty highbrow Victorian banter.

EDIT: I think I just described a vampire movie.. sorry..

How about a take on the 'I am Legend' book? one man hunting zombies only to find out right at the end that he's the zombie and everyone who he thinks are zombies are in fact are normal

Those of you that questioned me about saying it does not need a good story obviously have not seen any of my videos. I have not being a film maker for long and i have just been trying to film a few short things to practice. Take a look at my stuff to get an idea of what i mean by no story

http://www.youtube.com/user/The141Productions

But to everybody else, thanks for the advice! I will take it all on board! I like the zombie vs zombie stuff! :P

Back