tv Your New TV Ruins Movies

Heh, came here to post a link to that same article. :)

It's unreal how pervasive this is. Even the people who should know better have their televisions cranked up to ludicrous levels.

Heh, came here to post a link to that same article. :)

It's unreal how pervasive this is. Even the people who should know better have their televisions cranked up to ludicrous levels.

Ha! Great minds think alike - which means you're slipping and I'm improving. ;)

It makes complete sense from a marketing standpoint, but man, how do you color correct or grade anything without knowing exactly how amped up these new TV's are?

Great article. I recently upgraded to a 25" wLED monitor on my desktop. Great monitor, but I'm a bit displeased with the way it destroys shadow detail. I managed to make a setting that is suitable for computing and another that is suitable for watching movies and the like. Ran into the same marketing dilemma when evaluating screens in Fry's. The employees were giving me looks as I was changing all the settings around to see what was going on with the 2 or 3 I was choosing from.

Buying things takes me a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNGG time. ;)

Trying to target a color grade to the variety of TV settings out there is probably just an exercise in tail chasing. Even just grading something to look good on the variety of screen types available is baffling enough - nevermind all the individual settings.

Good read. More than the picture style settings, i hate the motion smoothing tech. I despise it beyond belief. I want to take a bat to all the TV's in the store and one day i swear...

Look, all im trying to say is i dont like it.

Speaking as someone who is planning to buy a flatscreen TV this year-I found the article informative and intriguing!

Back