your favourite scene

If you could have been off-screen, on set for any scene in cinematic history what be it?
You could be director, holding the coffee, the wig seller - whatever, but which scene would you have loved to have been at? Perhaps to see the some blindingly bob-tastic acting, some great army running about, who knows?
Tell us(me). Please. Go on.

Easy. The scene in Paris Texas when Harry Dean Stanton is talking to Natasha Kinski. The whole scene is a single midshot of Natasha listening and it last nearly three and a half minutes without moving the camera, her speaking or cutting away. I would give almost anything to have been on set for that scene.

Funny- I'm gonna give one from an indie short...

I wish I would've been on the set with "The Stuntpeople" on thier short "Undercut" during the final battle, there is one shot where Ninja Eric is swinging a gumball machine at Chinese Ninja Andy and the camera follows him as he swings, transfers the machine in one hand, and mid-swing, picks up a gumball-module from the ground that had been kicked off (it was a multi-dispenser) and still turning, he throws it at Chinese Ninja Andy while still spinning. The camera is also spinning with him, and it's almost magical, the way it catches the swing and the throw.

It would'a been a hoot to see that!

If you haven't checked this movie out- please do- it has some of the best stunt work and fight scenes I've ever seen in Indie films, and it's VERY funny.
http://www.neo-modus.com/stuntpeople/films/films.php?filmname=undercut

The opening scene/shot of Boogie Nights, although I think I would have preffered to be the Kraft Services guy during the scene cause I know I would have screwed something up if I were in any other position.

The teenage guy in me says any scene in Showgirls, but the man in me says any scene in Eyes Wide Shut.

Poke

MANHUNTER is my favorite film so I would pick the scene where William Peterson (Will Graham) tries to explain how the TOOTH FAIRY got to be the way he is to Dennis Farina (Jack Crawford).

In this one scene, you really start to get an understanding of what it must be like to be a profiler... What it must be like create these images in your brain...

Creepy.

filmy

excellent thread o fellow indie talk member. i would have to say HEAT. it would have been nice to be behind the camera on the scene with Pacino and De Niro drinking coffee. I heard they stayed up on that all night. Or even the running shooting scene - just to be running around the city with Pacino, sounds exploding all around me

Nique Zoolio said:
excellent thread o fellow indie talk member.

Patting yourself on the back, eh? Well I'd like to say that my contribution is the best so far!
circle.gif

Nique Zoolio said:
i would have to say HEAT. it would have been nice to be behind the camera on the scene with Pacino and De Niro drinking coffee. I heard they stayed up on that all night. Or even the running shooting scene - just to be running around the city with Pacino, sounds exploding all around me

Everyone knows they weren't on set at the same time.

Another scene: I wonder what it must have been like to be on set for the rape scene in Irreversible. I can not begin to think what it must have been like to witness that, much less to actually be Monica Bellucci during filming of that scene.

And another: The E.T. awakes scene in E.T.. Pure cinematic moment!

Poke

Zensteve said:
I would have liked to have driven the camera jeep through the Death Star trenches, in the first Star Wars.

....oh, no, you're one of THEM!!! (Star Wars guys) :lol:

--spinner :cool:

Poke said:
The teenage guy in me says any scene in Showgirls, but the man in me says any scene in Eyes Wide Shut.

Must.....resist...urge...to....make....homo-erotic.....love/sex....triangle....joke..... :bang:

Just a few off the top of my head...

-- The dinner scene at the guy's mom's apartment in My Favorite Year.

-- The USS Indianapolis scene in Jaws.

-- The scene in Taxi Driver where Peter Boyle gives DeNiro the "go out and get laid" speech and DeNiro responds, "that's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard."

-- The subway scene in Spiderman 2.

...here are a few of my favorites...

...In "The Usual Suspects" when Chazz Palmentari's character realizes that the story Verbal tells him is completely made up...

...In "Pulp Fiction" when Jules is explaining to Vincent that he is going to "walk the earth" and how he doesn't "dig on swine"... (...sewer rat might taste like pumpkin pie, but I wouldn't know....)

...In "Big Night" the last scene in the film, which has no dialogue..(hear that, Clive) when Secundo makes breakfast for Primo. You watch that scene and to me you just know they are going back to Italy where they came from...

Guilty Pleasure.

...In "Almost Famous" where everyone on the bus is mad at everyone else and then Elton John's 'Tiny Dancer" comes on the radio, eventually everyone is singing it... (Billy Crudup is sooo good in this)

Love those movies...

--spinner :cool:

Last edited:
Back