YI M1 Mirrorless Camera - similar to Sony A7

I will probably snag this camera, with the two lenses. I'm not really interested in super clear 4K or features/shorts, I have some music video stuff I wanna do where I want to even make the footage look older/grainy/super-8 and do some color work etc. and I think this camera would be great (most likely will shoot HD 24 fps unless there's a better reason to shoot 4K 30 fps). Definitely not looking for some pro setup to shoot features. So I'm pretty sure I will get this.

If you're looking for an ultra cheap 4K camera for filming with (and don't care so much about stills) then I'd strongly recommend looking instead into the Z Cam E1 (which has also been improved a *lot* with firmware updates! Since it was first released).

The Panasonic G7 can also be found dirt dirt cheap secondhand now, and for basic filming does an even nicer image than a GH4 internally.

Any one of these three (M1/G7/E1) would be a solid low budget 4K camera choice.

But I'd recommend spending the little extra to get a Panasonic G80/G85 instead.

However it is a slippery slope... where do you stop, what about the BMPCC4K? Etc...

However it is a slippery slope... where do you stop, what about the BMPCC4K? Etc...

Thanks! There's always something better for a few more bucks! You can literally follow the trail to a Red lol... you have to know when to stop...

I'm not a DP the ROI would be 0. For my band's music videos and other misc.

I like G7 and value.

I like that the pricing of the BMPCC4K for its pricing, specs and free resolve 15 pro and blackmagic raw. I like the GH5 for its Stabilization and ready to shoot..... gonna be a hart choice for me.

I'm looking at some footage from tests for the Yi m1. None of the youtube reviews are positive for this camera. I think it also very noisy in low licht. Would not buy it if the price was 500 euro... I think for 500 I would want a G7.

Yup that's where I leaned for this price range. Plus I saw some footage with while tilting up not sure of the exact term.

Back