Writing Poll

I write...

• I am only interested in writing screenplays.

Votes: 42 41.2%
  • I write screenplays and stage plays.

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • I am interested in writing a novel.

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • I have been considering writing for TV.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I'll write a dog food commercial, as long as it pays!

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I already write all or some of the above.

Votes: 33 32.4%

• Total voters
I chose "only interested in writing screenplays," but add the caveat "right now."

It's all I can do to try and write a good screenplay. If I ever get to the point where I think i've "mastered" -- or at least become proficient in -- screenwriting, I think I'd try my hand at other mediums. I think writing for the stage would interest me the most, though writing and developing a multiple-season TV show would be interesting as well.

people see me as an all-rounder, screenplays, short stories, novellas and even political and philosophical essays and poetry. my ultimate (writing) aim - in my late 40s to write the generation defining novel (it would be 100% true life though). to be honest i write anything that is in someway..........i guess.....geared toward something.....life-affirming...no, too corny......er........wait.............

Last edited:
What's wrong with dog food!

I loved those chuck wagon comercials Hoof pounding whip cracking Yah! Yah! movem out little doggies ....Oh Oh can't forget the Morris the cat those were great too.

I've written for film, radio, stage and commercials. (Professionally for all but stage)

I made the most money and won the most awards writing commercials, including one for dog food :yes:

My passion at the moment is film but I know that eventually I'll sit down and complete a novel simply because it's the most technically demanding writing you can do. Despite the pleasure I get from directing and now producing deep down I am primarily a writer.

I could never write a book, it would kill me and my grammar is sub par. I would write for anything else though, but I started writing a play (77 Degrees) and its not easy, I may just revise it into a short instead.

my grammar is terrible. thats easily remedied. don't let that put you off. i enjoy all forms of writing. in my comedy company we wrote a play and took it last year to the Fringe to critical acclaim. i just think that books are much more accesible to a more diverse audience, in different situations (a solo boater and a PM could be reading the same book asking totally different questions of life) and its through books you can do more diverse help and plaster up more human souls than through any other kind of writing.

:yes: I am a director... I suppose I could write for "dog food" commercials... OK! who am I kidding? I already have! Damn that minor degree in advertising! LOL! I have to pay for cameras/lenses/filters/computers/software/tech support from Bill Gates/DVD buying habit/smokes/beer... And those damn pesky things like food and rent! As for "TV", well... I'd have to have one hell of a nicotine fit before I would consider writing for that stupid little box that warms up that corner of my livingroom! So now you all think I am a TV "Elitist". There hasn't been anything worth watching on TV since Three's Company! LOL! I would have hired John Ritter! For now, I'm still trying to get Nicholson!

Keep the screenplays in your heads and the cameras to your eyes my brothers and sisters!

-HAWKEYE

I'll Write FOR A Dog Commercial As Long As It Pays? Fuck That, I Put Too Much Work Into My Screenplays Or Even Everyday Brain Storming To Let The Power Of then Be Dwindled Down To Souly Whether Or Not I Get Payed Alot For It. Whether I Get Payed Alot Not, Though I Would Hope Too be, Screenplays Touch People In Amazing Ways. The Satisfaction Of Knowing That Somewhere, Someone Was Inspired By My Work Would somehow Be Enough For Me. Besides, If Our Government Crumbled Tomorrow, Which It Seems It Is On The Verge Of Doing, All The Fucking Money Would Be Toilet Paper Anyway.

Last edited:
I consider myself a screenwriter. I want to someday write a novel and I have ideas for television series, but right now...I write screenplays.

Poke

i enjoy writing screenplays, but i think one day it would be cool to write a televisions series. commercials wouldn't be bad for some extra bucks though.

If Our Government Crumbled Tomorrow, Which It Seems It Is On The Verge Of Doing, All The Fucking Money Would Be Toilet Paper Anyway.

If only I could convince Walmart to accept Charmin :hmm:

LOL @ bird.

I'm not that much into money. May sound weird, maybe even a little like a 60's hippy. But honestly, I've got enough to make the rent and the bills. Anything above beer money gets spent on women anyway. :D

Boz Uriel said:
LOL @ bird.

I'm not that much into money. May sound weird, maybe even a little like a 60's hippy. But honestly, I've got enough to make the rent and the bills. Anything above beer money gets spent on women anyway. :D
THAT WAS A PERFECT REPLY. THEY SHOULD BE WORDS TO LIVE BY. LOL.

Back