• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

WRITING A 48 HOUR PROJECT SCRIPT - WOULD LIKE SOME ADVICE PLEASE

The script must 7 and a half pages. We have agreed as a group for it be action oriented, with a SWAT crew. So far we have 4 Men and 4 Women. We have air-soft weapons and gear. We also have a air soft stadium, which will be the majority of the settings.

I just thought I could ask for some help on how I should approach the screenplay. Especially because of it's length, and the SWAT idea.

Should I write one or two scenes of great action, with story. Or story with some action. Or just blend it.

Should I use any plot points or Acts. Making them smaller. Or not use em at all.

I very much want this to be fantastic! I just thought some feedback from people who have experience with this might help and since I've only written full length screenplays, this will be challenging. I like challenging :yes:

Advice and feedback would be great, just remember; Swat. Action. Guns. Mock city stadium. 4 women. 4 men. 7 and a half pages.

Thank you.

You've got time for one act, and your exposition is limited to what we see when the film opens.

You've got time for one central arc.

Something must happen to change your main character(s) from the beginning of the 7 minutes to the end of the 7 minutes.

Where are they when the story opens? What happens? And then where are they when the story ends?

Answer those questions with your action scenes and you've got your action movie.

Slugo is bringing some really great energy to the project, hes a great asset.

As the producer I must make some corrections. :) Everything is still subject to change. We don't have access to SWAT uniforms, but we do have some tactical gear. So were looking at off duty or plain clothes, with tac gear that they might have around the house.. or CIA, or mercs, or anything like that..

The stadium is not like that. Its a warehouse with fake rooms and other cool obstacles, but there is no "stadium" seating. What makes this a great location is the controlled lighting, the size, and the rooms without ceilings. Also it has several business offices\empty rooms that we can use. Ill take some footage and post it this weekend. IN the mean, dont consider it an "arena" consider a large interior space with obstacles and rooms...

For cast we have 4 men, 4 women, all beautiful people with a variety of looks, ranging from rockin' body bomb shell to a craggy hard case, with some makeup (pro MUA on board). We have agreed on forcing our genre into an action setting.. romantic comedy in an action setting, or what ever genre we pull.

Now that you have more info, comment away!

Back