Have a party interested in trading my T2i and matching bits for the following:

two mole richardson 412's for sale and wheeled combo stands

The lights include:
Barn doors
full scrim kit (2 doubles, 1 single, 1 1/2 double, and 1 1/2 single
spare globe

I will sell the lights for $275 a piece
The wheeled combo stands I will sell for $100 a piece

Retail to Retail value is pretty well matched, and the T2i is dropping in value every day.. So I think Ill go with it.

The T2i has been sitting in the box for 2 months now.

Heck yes. Those are great fixtures, and as long as you have power for them (they need about 18amps each) you're golden.

Do you need the money? You paint some pretty sharp pictures with your GH2. You could do some damage with those lights haha.

Yeah, I love lighting now! I want a couple REAL lights. I need to lose a few of these Smith Victor scope lights, pawn shop specials.

I still need some light control, flags and stands. I know I could rent, but this basic DP kit makes me feel good about my self. Also, my problem is that renting means a separate 100 mile trip!

I got to use those very lights in my last shoot... grab them!!! each gets its own circuit when you're powering them, but OMG will you ever love them. Grab some diffusion and CTB and you're golden there. Those lights are wonderful (largish and heavy, but amazing).

Barndoors, focusable Fresnels(?).
The stands will reach about 10-12 feet if they're the same stands we had... and they have a huge footprint (although you'll still want sandbags for them for safety).

Here's a shot we did in a school library where we used a pair of these bad boys :) Top of frame, one left, one right. I'm in the white shirt behind the 2k on the left with my partner in crime, Roo :) Remember to wear some leather work gloves when dealing with these lights as they'll give you a contact burn if they've been on for longer than 5 minutes.

386138_292356887469269_100000848811117_829394_1602932473_n.jpg

Last edited:
I am sad.. sorta..
The guy called me today and said he needed to keep the lights through the end of the month...

first thought was.. ah man craigslist flake, but he checks out.. so time to wait..

Brought the babies home tonight!
the lights are HUGE, the stands are SUPER HEAVY DUTY amazing pro gear! Proud to have these, it was a mutual love think, the DP trading the lights is pro enough that any shoot that requires his 2k's always has a budget for a full truck, so his personal lights almost never get used.. my T2i was getting no love..a good trade for both sides! I feel all aglow..

Back