• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

plot Worlds Saddest Painter

sfoster

Staff Member
A big art installation in NYC skyscraper.
Brian unveils his latest painting to a fawning crowd - A large 8x10' work.

The crowd weeps at the sadness and beauty of the painting.
"I dont want to live anymore" someone walks to the edge of the skyscraper and leaps to their death.

The painting becomes a viral hit and sells for 10 million. The artist becomes famous.
It haunts him that he killed someone - it inspires his next painting.

Two dozen people at the viewing kill themselves.
"It's my greatest work! I will continue to make paintings and bring my art to the world. It's the only thing that makes me happy!"

At last he creates the greatest painting of all time.
300,000,000 suicides.

"I'm so proud of my art, it really makes people feel something!!
I used to be so depressed Now I've never been happier" he says.

Last edited:
A big art installation in NYC skyscraper.
Brian unveils his latest painting to a fawning crowd - A large 8x10' work.

The crowd weeps at the sadness and beauty of the painting.
"I dont want to live anymore" someone walks to the edge of the skyscraper and leaps to their death.

The painting becomes a viral hit and sells for 10 million. The artist becomes famous.
It haunts him that he killed someone - it inspires his next painting.

Two dozen people at the viewing kill themselves.
"It's my greatest work! I will continue to make paintings and bring my art to the world. It's the only thing that makes me happy!"

At last he creates the greatest painting of all time.
300,000,000 suicides.

"I'm so proud of my art, it really makes people feel something!!
I used to be so depressed Now I've never been happier" he says.
just limiting my analysis only to the plot.. In the end, I could see the irony.. people are dying of depression after being provoked by his art and that dying thing is inspiring him to create more masterpieces and brings happiness to him..

It's very interesting to me as a plot! I think you got a good one to start fleshing on. The really weird part of all this is that I've written a short script about a depressed ex artist. Seems to be on the brainwaves now! Haha.

I love the Black Mirror show, one of my favs.

Do you write and shoot your films? Or do you just write a ton, and see what interests folks?

It's very interesting to me as a plot! I think you got a good one to start fleshing on. The really weird part of all this is that I've written a short script about a depressed ex artist. Seems to be on the brainwaves now! Haha.

I love the Black Mirror show, one of my favs.

Do you write and shoot your films? Or do you just write a ton, and see what interests folks?

so many of my plots are event driven so I’m looking forward to fleshing this out as a character driven story and growing as a writer.
Heyyy I got some acknowledgment from onebaldman for writing a ton!! Yeah I’ve been going hard this last month.

a lot of times I feel like a silly kid or something instead of an adult. Putting all this time and thought into storieswhen I don’t have any audience. I could be like... making computer software or something for the economy but nope. Writing short stories lol. The few ppl that say I’m a good writer, I tell them I spent two weeks on a new story they say “cool” and nobody asks to read it. People are so hard to entertain!! Myself included. And we get so depressed. Man what a species.

ive only made like one film in the last few years and it’ll come out in October-November. I want to shoot some of these child actor stories I’ve been writing IFF I can find the right actor

Last edited:
Back