critique WORK IN PROGRESS scripts

Are you guys serious? I'm confused. How do you make a scene? What instruments do you use? What structure do you use? I'm really intrested. Could you explain it to me.

CamBlamo

Pro Member
indiePRO
IOTM Winner
Are you guys serious? I'm confused. How do you make a scene? What instruments do you use? What structure do you use? I'm really intrested. Could you explain it to me.

No, you need to show this 2-3 minute scene writing rule you are talking about. Then I will post more examples. Don't just cop out and make me do all the work. Haha.

CamBlamo

Pro Member
indiePRO
IOTM Winner
There are film which use one location and one time period. They last for 90 minutes. Are you saying that it's 90 minutes scene?

No, dude... Did you read the script I posted???? SCENE 2 is headlines on page 11. Don't glaze over the facts just because you want to be right. That's why it has a number next to it in big bold letters. That is the scene.

Last edited:

CamBlamo

Pro Member
indiePRO
IOTM Winner
I did. Two different scenes in reservoir dog openning, each three minutes on avarage

Well, whatever you believe. I even watch the youtube footage, and I don't see two scenes.

I think you are mistaking the writer tip to have separate "ACTS" throughout a scene. Beginning, Middle, End in every scene... That is actual real advice for most screenwriters.

No, dude... Did you read the script I posted???? SCENE 2 is headlines on page 11. Don't glaze over the facts just because you want to be right. That's why it has a number next to it in big bold letters. That is the scene.
Dude... imagine... you and me in a studio apartment. We own a money to a guy. Everything is happening in one location. We argue do we need to return the money. Door bell rings. We open and the man we owe money to enters. He beats the shit out of us, but we manage to kill him. Now we argue how to get rid of the body. We decide to roll him into carpet, put in the trunk and drop at the nearest river. We roll him. Door bell rings. His partner, who waited outside, comes. He looks for the guy, then finds him rolled in the carpet and kills us. Is it one scene?

CamBlamo

Pro Member
indiePRO
IOTM Winner
You are talking about a SEQUENCE now, which holds multiple scenes. Read a screenwriting book dude.

SEQUENCE: A Sequence is a Scene, or a series of connected Scenes, that present a succession of related events or idea that constitute and advance a distinct component of the story narrative, plot and/or character development'.

SCENE: A shot or multiple shots that together compose a single, complete and unified dramatic event, action, unit or element of film narration, or block (segment) of storytelling. The end of a scene is indicated by a purposeful change in time, change in a character's status, focus of action and/or location.

So you are arguing your point, no script SCENES are longer than 3 minutes.

Reservoir dogs, you still consider it two separate scenes? But no character's status changes, no time changes, no location changes within that 8 minutes.

So what do you mean two separate scenes. How is the waitress providing a change in the characters? Or adding a conflict at the 3 minute mark?