• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Woolies

looks pretty good. I got to admit though everytime I see this thread and see woolie I think of the cocaine laced weed lol. I am not a drug user though.

Now I'm confused and paranoid, is Dreadylocks ACTUALLY Dreadylocks, or a Death Eater with a stash of polyjuice?

Only just found this! I thoroughly enjoyed it, not much to add to anybody elses comments, but I enjoyed it. There's no credit for editing? Was that your work too Nick? All in all, this is a really nice piece.

Another question, where did you get the home-video footage from? The outside of the store looks suspiciously like my local Woolies!

Only just found this! I thoroughly enjoyed it, not much to add to anybody elses comments, but I enjoyed it. There's no credit for editing? Was that your work too Nick? All in all, this is a really nice piece.

Another question, where did you get the home-video footage from? The outside of the store looks suspiciously like my local Woolies!

Only just saw this whilst I was looking for a link to it!

The editing is my work but it was colour graded by someone provided by my film school and the credits were done by Joseph Weindl aka Cracker Funk.

I contacted a whole bunch of people who'd put home video footage up on YouTube in order to get their permission to use it and, if I remember correctly, the stuff we actually used was from Redditch.

Glad you enjoyed it! :)

I knew it!

It certainly is Redditch. That’s my local! It’s quite sad that I could recognise it from the tiling on the floor. The store’s just been re-opened as a New Look.

Man, the internet sure does make this a small world…

I knew it!

It certainly is Redditch. That’s my local! It’s quite sad that I could recognise it from the tiling on the floor. The store’s just been re-opened as a New Look.

Man, the internet sure does make this a small world…

That's amazing!

I'm delighted to have found a genuine Redditchite who can appreciate those somber closing credits...

New Look? Pah!

Not the world's most exciting news but interesting all the same (and it comes with a couple of questions):

'Woolies' is screening in Brighton this September at an event called Moviebar. I might or might not attend, yet to be decided. Interestingly a film called 'Personality Aid' is also screening. It's a film for which our esteemed moderator chilipie was gaffer.

Secondly: The film has been accepted to screen at the Cornwall Film Festival. They sent me an email with a bunch of requirements and I thought I'd post them here before I send off a bunch of false information.

Firstly they want: · A high-resolution master copy of your film (mov, avi, mpg file etc. or Mini DV/HDV tape) and Two high-resolution images from your film, in landscape format, emailed to info@cornwallfilmfestival.com (even if you have already submitted one).

Pretty sure I understand the second part but can I just send a DVD for the first part. I feel like I already gave them a DVD...

Secondly: They sent me this little table. Things like title, duration, ID number...etc I know. The rest I can guess slightly, but it's probably best to take guessing out the equation, so if anyone can give me a hand there then that'd be appreciated!

Film Title

Festival ID Number

Aspect Ratio (ie: 16:9, 4:3 etc.)

File Format (ie: avi, mov, mpg. etc.)

File Size (ie: 1080x1920, 720X1080)

Interlaced or Progressive

Exact Duration (hh:mm:ss)

Cheers for any help here and thanks for the Indietalkers who helped on the film in the first place!

Not the world's most exciting news but interesting all the same (and it comes with a couple of questions):

'Woolies' is screening in Brighton this September at an event called Moviebar. I might or might not attend, yet to be decided. Interestingly a film called 'Personality Aid' is also screening. It's a film for which our esteemed moderator chilipie was gaffer.

Ace! I've been invited along, but attendance depends on whether I can hitch a ride down with the DoP or find a ridiculously cheap train ticket… with any luck I may see you there :)

Secondly: The film has been accepted to screen at the Cornwall Film Festival. They sent me an email with a bunch of requirements and I thought I'd post them here before I send off a bunch of false information.

Firstly they want: · A high-resolution master copy of your film (mov, avi, mpg file etc. or Mini DV/HDV tape) and Two high-resolution images from your film, in landscape format, emailed to info@cornwallfilmfestival.com (even if you have already submitted one).

Pretty sure I understand the second part but can I just send a DVD for the first part. I feel like I already gave them a DVD...

Secondly: They sent me this little table. Things like title, duration, ID number...etc I know. The rest I can guess slightly, but it's probably best to take guessing out the equation, so if anyone can give me a hand there then that'd be appreciated!

Film Title

Festival ID Number

Aspect Ratio (ie: 16:9, 4:3 etc.)

File Format (ie: avi, mov, mpg. etc.)

File Size (ie: 1080x1920, 720X1080)

Interlaced or Progressive

Exact Duration (hh:mm:ss)

Cheers for any help here and thanks for the Indietalkers who helped on the film in the first place!

Firstly: they want something higher quality than a DVD (which is standard definition MPEG 2). A high definition H.264 .mov should do the trick nicely.

Secondly: the aspect ratio is definitely 16:9 and I'm fairly sure it's 1920x1080 and Progressive, but you'd have to check the Final Cut sequence (or with your DoP) to be 100% certain.

Ace! I've been invited along, but attendance depends on whether I can hitch a ride down with the DoP or find a ridiculously cheap train ticket… with any luck I may see you there :)

That'd be fun! Let me know if you are headed down to the glorious south... :P

Firstly: they want something higher quality than a DVD (which is standard definition MPEG 2). A high definition H.264 .mov should do the trick nicely.

Secondly: the aspect ratio is definitely 16:9 and I'm fairly sure it's 1920x1080 and Progressive, but you'd have to check the Final Cut sequence (or with your DoP) to be 100% certain.

Perfect, thanks for the help. I'm just going to assume you're right about everything: how much can it really matter? :D

What is higher quality than a DVD? Surely the file will be far too large to email? So what am I expected to send them?

Thanks for the help :)

What is higher quality than a DVD? Surely the file will be far too large to email? So what am I expected to send them?

DVD is standard definition. Blu-ray is HD. As far as the size goes, you can get it smaller by converting it with a free program like Handbrake. Use the h264 .mov codec that chili mentioned and just play around with the bitrates until the file is small enough for your liking. :)

Very nice!
It reminds me a bit of "The office"(British version)

The part I didn't like is when the manager drops the dvds . He just drops them on the floor. It should have looked like he didn't manage to put them properly on the desk and they fell.

DVD is standard definition. Blu-ray is HD. As far as the size goes, you can get it smaller by converting it with a free program like Handbrake. Use the h264 .mov codec that chili mentioned and just play around with the bitrates until the file is small enough for your liking. :)

Super! They've said that they can download a file from the interwebs, so long as it's hosted here or there. Anyhow it shouldn't be too tricky! Thanks for the help.

Very nice!
It reminds me a bit of "The office"(British version)

The part I didn't like is when the manager drops the dvds . He just drops them on the floor. It should have looked like he didn't manage to put them properly on the desk and they fell.

Glad you enjoyed it. The Office is definitely the vibe that I was going for (in fact it was mentioned almost constantly during the pre-production process).

That last scene was very tricky because we didn't have much time to shoot it. The weekend we shot the film was the weekend that the clocks changed from GMT to BST, so I miscalculated the time that the sun would go down. Ultimately we had to flag up the windows, but I had wanted to get some moonlight in... anyhow all that meant was that, due to my miscalculation, we had less time to shoot that last scene, so there wasn't the coverage that there should've been. I couldn't get him to drop the DVDs right but I didn't want to spend too long trying to get it perfect, considering how little time we had.

When I wrote the script the item was something bigger, like a CD player or TV or something, and I wanted to use a computer monitor which we had with us. But I was talked out of after I realised that we'd have to clean up any potential damage, so we used the DVDs instead. The result was that the drop is a little unconvincing... but I guess it's just a small part of the film.

Thanks for watching and sorry for the slightly obsessive reply! :lol:

Back