Will an advertisement on the truck im renting ruin the atmosphere?

I need to rent a truck for my film shoot and the original plan was to throw a banner over the whole side of the truck with the name of the show to pretend like its the shows truck because in the film shoot the host is acting like its his truck. I asked the guy if it would be ok and he said he wants the part with the advertisement on the side of the truck to be uncovered and wants it to say "hosted by truck company name" on the banner we're hanging on the side. I need this specific truck because theres no other one like it in my city. Will this ruin the shows atmosphere?

We don't know what the atmosphere is, so we can't tell.
Does the truck company sponsor your show in anyway?

(Why did you ask it? Is he the driver?)

No Im paying him for his service, but he said he would give a discount for giving him a shoutout for his company. we asked because we dont want him to be offended that in the show we're pretending its our truck

Filmmaking is all about pretending ;)

Is it a good deal?
Maybe you can do the shout out in the start and end credits, if it doesn't look good on the truck?

I think it might be too late, it sounds like hes set on having his advertisement be shown on the video. Do you think it was a mistake to ask him for permission and we should have just covered it without saying anything or would that be inconsiderate? :D

I think it might be too late, it sounds like hes set on having his advertisement be shown on the video. Do you think it was a mistake to ask him for permission and we should have just covered it without saying anything or would that be inconsiderate? :D

You should have just covered it. Yes, it would be inconsiderate. And if you had
previously agreed and then covered it you would be in breach of an oral agreement.
If you're getting the use of the truck (this specific truck that you "need" to use)
for free and he wants his advertisement in the video then you should do what
he requests. Or pay him for the use of the truck with no advertisement.

Now that he apparently expects it to be in the video, you're probably screwed. Like Rik said, if you do something different you risk breach of oral contract.

I agree with sweetie, doing a little corner-pin and putting your desired 'sign' on the truck in post would be a good option, and probably look better than a banner haphazardly hung on the truck. At any rate, had you just done it and not discussed it more, you'd have been able to just include a 'thank you' in the credits.. now it sounds like this guy expects his name/logo/whatever to be featured on screen _during_ the show.

Yeah I fucked up guaranteed. The first time I ever talked to him on the phone he mentioned a discount for a shout out (the discount didnt interest me but I didn't want to sound like an asshole) so I said sure.

It's rly ruining my motivation because now I have this giant advertisement in full view on the 3rd shot (after that it shouldn't be in the frame).

I have a feeling that it's going to ruin the atmosphere or make people subconsciously see it in a different way. It's meant for kickstarter so the only positive I can see coming from it is people seeing I clearly need a trailer.

I could always say I don't want the discount but I see that as starting bad blood between me and this guy and I'm kinda desperate for his trailer lol.

2 credit cards have been sent to the collection agency, 1 police ticket sent to collection agency, cell phone bill going to go up to $300 and im hoping they dont cancel it before shoot day HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Don't be discouraged.
Do you have a design for the banner yet?

The name of the show should be bigger.
In smaller letters: "brought to you by"
Bigger again, but a bit smaller than the name of the show: 'truck company'

Put their name in the credits as well.

And you know what: he just might send your kickstarter around to all his clients, friends and family.

Don't be discouraged.
Do you have a design for the banner yet?

The name of the show should be bigger.
In smaller letters: "brought to you by"
Bigger again, but a bit smaller than the name of the show: 'truck company'

Put their name in the credits as well.

And you know what: he just might send your kickstarter around to all his clients, friends and family.

thank you for the motivation sir :yes:

Back