Who wants to help me analyse some movies?

I'd like to learn some more film theory and how to analyse films better. Can we start with some stuff from Kubrick? A Clockwork Orange?

Not in particular, i guess i would just like to see how someone with a good knowledge of Film Theory would analyse it. Sometimes i feel like i don't know where to start. I'd like to hear what other people thought.

Not really my area, but I would guess that you start with how the script was adapted from the novel; what changes were made (things that would not film well) yet still remain faithful to the book. It is definitely told from Alex's POV so Alex had to narrate the film.

Stephen Spielberg recommends watching films with the sound off if you want to learn about the directing/editing/camera work.

But I agree with NathanH. Do your own homework!!
watching.gif

Thanks guys, I am doing my own homework. I thought it would be cool to get a discussion going on the subject though and to see how other people approached it. What are other peoples interpretation of the film? I don't need to necessarily know about Clockwork Orange, it was just a film i picked at random. I just thought it would be cool to have a thread where everyone is analyzing a movie.

Back