Who makes your DVD's for distribution?

I know how to make A DVD, however when it comes to cover printing and making more than a couple copies I would like to source that out.

1. Is there a DVD-on-demand internet company people use (similar to POD for books?) where one can buy their DVD at units of 1, 5, 10, 100, 500+?

2. Is there one where I can have the DVD production & sale (fulfillment service) by a POD where its send directly to the customer without me personally having a bunch of DVD's at home and mailing them myself?

3. If I do the fulfillment at home, how does one ship DVD's?

Depends on if you want duplication (DVD R, recordable media) or replication (a real DVD, made from a glass master).

1) Open the Yellow Pages and start calling local businesses for rates. (500 DVDs can cost a lot to ship to you)

2) Try CreateSpace.com to see if they are suitable for you. You send them a copy of the dvd (and artwork), and they'll POD each as they are ordered - and they do that seamlessly through Amazon.com , so it looks pretty legit to the 'net-browsing shopper.

3) USPS, UPS, FedEx, take your pick. (USPS likely cheapest for a single DVD)

Hope you get lots o' sales. :cool:

@indietalk - which ever is cheapest that I can due which would be appropriate to sell to customers as a DVD product (I don't want to send crap).
@Randy - yes I can google, but I want recommendations on companies which people have used with good results.

Nationwide in Texas is cheap and they do a great job. Though I'm guessing if you do CD replication it might be a hassle. There's quite a few complaints at ripoff.com.

But, as far as my DVD project went $1200 (including s/h) for a thousand professional DVDs. Plus they had a sale and I received 300 11x17 posters for free.

Back