• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Where to rent Rode NTG and Boom in the UK? (North East)

I need a Rode NTG or similar plus a boom pole for an upcoming shoot.

Buying looks a bit overly expensive so I am looking to rent however I cannot find any rental houses in the North East, or for that matter, anywhere!

Its annoying because my Uni has a huge amount of AV equipment but they don't let you borrow it unless you are using it for a module on the course. Since it is the Summer holidays, can't really blag one out. :no:

Anyone know of any places and how much should I expect to pay to rent a Rode NTG and boom for a week?

Locate a few local video production companies (even the one-man operations that cover weddings, sports, etc) and ask them.

Any time I need certain video cameras (or booms & mics, too), I'm hitting up this one place that doesn't advertise rentals at all - it's just one dude with a couple of part-time employees, and several cameras too many. He's totally fine with renting stuff out rather inexpensively, 'cos he's never using it all.

(Got a PD150, boom, shotgun mic & DAT with built-in CD burner for $150, for a full week, one time)

You've gotta have a few local companies like that around. Small-time videographers, with too much gear.

Might be a little harder if you're determined to have that one particluar model, no matter what - but oh well. :)

Back