Where to hold auditions?

So where do you guys normally hold your auditions?

I just emailed the theater professors in my school, looking if I could rent out a room for an audition. I'm hoping they could say yes because I said they could audition some of their students as well. But I'm still a bit doubtful.

What should be my second option? Preferably a place I could get for free... :lol:

Last edited:
Find the local hole-in-the wall theaters near you.

We're auditioning at a small 50-seat black-box theater next Saturday, at $15/hr.

in my school

But here... surely you have access to rooms of some kind for free at your school? A room is a room, dude. It doesn't need to be in the actual theater building.

I hold the actor auditions in a rehearsal studio and the actresses at my house. Oh, I always include a gratuitous sex scene where I get to have sex with the actress. If they pass that, they got the job.

But, sometimes I get confused, and well, it wasn't pretty.

That's actually what prompted me to write the fiasco I'm shooting. I heard an actress on the radio talking about going to some guy's house to audition. He told her there were sex scenes in the movie and that they should audition one of them. She didn't. But, her question was, should I have done it? It might have cost me the role because I didn't.

Yes, there are PLENTY of stupid actors in this world. Now go find your own.

Last edited:
The cinema here in town is located in the conference center. When the cinema is open, it's usually allowed to occupy a room for free - as long as you ask a few days beforehand and no mess is present.

Back