When your back is to the wall ...

And, your luck is your all.

Guriella Shoot!!!

It looks like I won't be getting permits this time as the parks department is taking too long to process my application to approve a shoot for us to get permits.

I hate to do this. But, they are leaving us no choice.

We will location scout this weekend.

Gotta do what ya gotta do. Git 'er done!
smiley_patriot.gif

Where is your house located?

Yesterday was a depressing disaster with bogus weather forecasts claiming yesterday and today were suupposed to be sunny days in the 70s. It rained all day and stayed at 50 degrees.

The cast is very fustrated. We didn't have enough vans. The one van we had went MIA for hours with most of the DPs equipment and one actresses costume.

I took the cast out to lunch. But, that wasn't enough to lift their spirits. I brought back lunch to the crew members the driver took too long to pick up.

It was very fustrating.

I don't have to money to do a postponement. I'm flat broke now.

I haven't even been called in for an interview for the jobs I'm trying out for.

Yesterday was so discouraging and depressing, I'm ready to call this my last production. I don't even know how I can fund the 2 days we need to make up later. I can't even get called in for a job interview. This production may never get finished.

I'm in Iselin NJ. I'm only 60 miles from Babylon, and I think you're in Nassau County near the Queens border right? So, it can't be that far.

If I get a chance, I'll post some pictures of the property. I fell yesterday and I'm not sure if I fractured or just sprained my arm. It hurts like a mother.

The wooded area is on a hill. But, further back is some straight up woods.

Actually, Rego Park is in Queens; not Long Island. I'm quite a distance from Babalyon.

My DP called me today to suggest an inexpensive way to shoot the fight scene hassle free.

Just do the dialogue outdoors in a park with close-ups where there are no prop weapons. And, shoot the actual fight scene with the prop weapons in an inexpensive theater group studio room without windows with greenscreen we set up between our GS sets we have over 24' X 24' of greenscreen cloths to spread around a studio room. As long as we are on private property with the permission of the proprty owner, which is the I roll, everything is kosher. I remember the governor's film office said that too. As long as we are on private property with permission of the owner, we can use our prop weapons. It's only on public property we need permits.

Are there any other forest or parks near by? Google search for more parks, you might find some parks forests or wooded areas that may be open to you filming there if you give them a mention.

Could you possibly split up the scene so that some of it takes place outside, then move in doors?

Yesterday was so discouraging and depressing, I'm ready to call this my last production. I don't even know how I can fund the 2 days we need to make up later. I can't even get called in for a job interview. This production may never get finished.

Don't get discouraged Myth - shit happens even with the best laid plans. I'm still struggling to get my film finished - my investor went AWOL, I've got crippling credit card debts and my ex-girlfriend f**ked me over emotionally for nearly a year before disappearing on me.

The last 8 or 9 months have been truly hellish and there's been times when I just wanted to run away from it all but that's never the answer. I'm proud of what we achieved with the film, and I'm so grateful to everyone that contributed to it - the cast, the crew and our (few) IndieGoGo contributors.

So on the days that I can no longer do it for myself I do it for them instead :)

Life has a funny way of getting you back in the game sometimes providing you don't give up - in my case I just got contacted out of the blue by a radio station that wants to interview me about the film. I'm starting to drag myself out of the shit that's been holding me back now and things are moving forward again.

It doesn't matter how long it takes so long as you get it done - so if you need a break, take it - but don't give up. Good luck - to all of us :)

Back