What's the best AVI to flash converter out there?

Another boring question...

I've got a project shot mainly with a Panasonic DVX AG100b that I need to convert to flash format. I need the best converter out there, preferably freeware. There are some shots of a slightly overexposed sea that shines beautifully if I render it right, but looks blocky and amateur if I get the settings wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks, and I'll try and post something more interesting another time...

Iv been rendering out of AE lossless, like PNG or animation. Then use handbrake to turn that into an h.264 file. Handbrake uses the open source x264 encoder, seems to have improved my h.264 output.

what I use for ALL my video conversion needs it is a free program called Any Video Converter it will convert your avi to any other video file. go to download.com or google it.

I doubt it's the best but I use a program called 'Free FLV Converter' and it works for me. Although I'm sure there's a loss of quality, sometimes that's ok if it's just gonna get thrown up on the web, which is what .flv is for...

The problem I'm getting is I have some nice shots of over-exposed waves that turn to absolute blocky s**t when they go to flash in a freeware converter. I don;t mind a bit of degredation but seriously it's awful...

I'll try some of your suggestions.

Keep searching...

Last edited:
Another boring question...

I've got a project shot mainly with a Panasonic DVX AG100b that I need to convert to flash format. I need the best converter out there, preferably freeware. There are some shots of a slightly overexposed sea that shines beautifully if I render it right, but looks blocky and amateur if I get the settings wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks, and I'll try and post something more interesting another time...

Hi

We are converting video to FLASH, and created galleries long time. And all time we used a VideoCharge Studio and dont have any problem. Very recommend!

Back