What was the last film you actually paid to see in theater and enjoyed?

I watched "Scream 4" on Friday and really enjoyed it. It's by no means perfect, but it fit in quite nicely with the earlier films and certainly satisfied me as a fan of the original trilogy. Well worth the ticket price.

Anyone else seen it? Anyone else think it was extremely violent for a 15 (here in the UK)? Seems strange when the others were rated 18 and this by far the goriest of the lot. I guess its a sign of changing attitudes to what's acceptable in cinema nowadays.

The last two that I saw in theater were

Social Network - Great movie, not as good as Fight Club but Fincher still got it.

and

Black Swan - Didn't have that much of impact on me as I expected, but it's ok.

I watched "Scream 4" on Friday and really enjoyed it. It's by no means perfect, but it fit in quite nicely with the earlier films and certainly satisfied me as a fan of the original trilogy. Well worth the ticket price.

Anyone else seen it? Anyone else think it was extremely violent for a 15 (here in the UK)? Seems strange when the others were rated 18 and this by far the goriest of the lot. I guess its a sign of changing attitudes to what's acceptable in cinema nowadays.

Just saw it and loved it. I'm also a fan of the trilogy which I think is essential if you want to enjoy this film because it's unlike other contemporary horror films.

Totally agree about the classifications. The scene where you see proper guts and intestines, that's far worse than anything in the previous three. But I think Saw and Hostel have desensitised the classification boards, there's no way that the original would get an 18 nowadays- there's not even any nudity!

Back