• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch What They Don't know

Well, i guess to get an agent and hopefully access to bigger and better things. I worry that people only see the violence in it and that they don't see the craft or story telling.

Thats why i thought it would be good to show it here.

Any thoughts?

ha ok, so exactly how new are you? that was good stuff. i'm working on my first big project right now, hope it turns out that well.

It was shot on 16mm arriflex. Not sure the exact model. I could find out if you are desperate to know.

And i have directed a couple of music video and small commercial work.

Well you did an excellent job. Everything, and everyone looked and sounded great. And I don't really need to know anything more about the camera. It just had such a great look.

Thank you. thank you.

Any thoughts on why festivals weren't into it? I was in a few but the majority didn't seem to like it.

I appreciate the input.

Festivals suck. But, that's just my opinion. Just remember this, your movie is seen by one person who has to judge whether it makes the grade. Many of those people are morons.

There's plenty of discussions over in the festivals section about why some movies are chosen and others that are superior aren't. One of the main reasons is a "name" actor in a production. Though I'm not sure if that applies to shorts.

From a personal stand-point, this is a very good movie. I'd have run it if I was a festival operator.

As I stated on your other post about the short...I loved it. It's a wonderfully powerful short that is technically slick on all accounts.

Thanx again M1chae1.

I moved it over to the festival section cause that was what i was trying to find out about.

Cheers for your input

Sweet!

That was impressive wankersmurf. How new are you? Are you self-taught or do you have any schooling in the art of filmmaking? Just curious. Anyway, I stand impressed and hope to get that good. It's too bad this forum wasn't better laid out in terms of what everyone is using (ie. software, computer, camera etc...)

That was impressive wankersmurf. How new are you? Are you self-taught or do you have any schooling in the art of filmmaking? Just curious. Anyway, I stand impressed and hope to get that good.

Thank you, rcnineteen, really nice of you to say.

Yes i am "self-taught" to a large extent. I started out as a runner on commercials and have worked my way up to directing. I did a communications degree in film theory but it didn't have have any practical training. This is the second short film i have made. The first never saw the light of day because, to be honest, i hated it - but it did get me into music video and commercial directing.

Over in screening room forum we are talking about what gets into festivals. Not sure if anyone else is interested but some of the guys work at festivals and are giving their thoughts on what does and doesn't get in. Pretty interesting.

Oh wow man that was awesome. Great storytelling, pacing, and the ending was great too. I don't see why festivals would turn this down, I thought it was all around great.

Back