What motivates you to keep going?

This picture motivates me to keep going. When things get tough, I think of it. Whether it's life or my art or personal relationships, you have to learn to dance in the rain.

life.jpg

I have this picture in my garage where I see it when I come home each day.

What motivates you?

Last edited:
If you are asking what motivates me in film, as opposed to life in general, I used to think of Lucasfilm, the empire that the founder of Star Wars created. Since he sold it to Disney, I don't go to the Lucasfilm web page as often, so I watch the Youtube videos of the Battle of Hoth, which was in "Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back".

I have a horsefly trap, and then i'll walk a mile from my house and let them go.
They're so pissed off they'll chase me all the way home trying to bite me.

Keeps me motivated to run the whole mile back to my house.

If you are asking what motivates me in film, as opposed to life in general, I used to think of Lucasfilm, the empire that the founder of Star Wars created. Since he sold it to Disney, I don't go to the Lucasfilm web page as often, so I watch the Youtube videos of the Battle of Hoth, which was in "Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back".

It's always amazed me how superior earth's 1940's tank designs were compared to the empires military vehicles.

Last edited:
Another thing that motivates me is the knowledge that in this world anything can happen and anyone can achieve success. Yeah, it's probably got the same odds as winning the MEGA lottery but it can happen. You can succeed. One of us could make the next 100 million dollar grossing movie that we produced on a shoestring budget. Any one of us is just as likely as the next person with a $3,000 camera, some lights and software and an idea. I know it's a veeeery long shot but it does motivate me to keep going.

As far as what motivates me in life, I don't really see a difference. if something drives you in one aspect of your life it drives your life in total.

Last edited:
Back