What kind of a lens should I get?

I own a CANON XL1s. I'm going to be getting a Jag35 Pro real soon at a very VERY low price.

Unfortunately the Canon XL1s isn't an HD camcorder so I'm hoping the Jag35 and lens will make up for that. But I'm still relatively new into the lens portion and I'm still studying up. But let's say with a budget of about $300~$600, what's a good lens to buy for my Jag35 and XL1s? On e-bay of course.

So I cant POSITIVELY tell if its a K mount lens. It is a telesar 400mm f6.3
Its got KE near the mount.. and LOOKS like other K mount lenses Iv seen on the net.. but.. I just don't know. Do you still want it.

I did snatch up a 50mm f1.4 (minolta mount) for $9. (it came WITH a SLR camera body!) so not a total loss even if you dont want the telesar..

I'll buy a lemon one of these days I'm sure, but I have bought 6 lenses off ebay (for me and my girlfriend), and yet to get one in less than good condition (maybe a tad rough on outside, but blades fine, no scratches, no fungus).

Nikon E-series 28mm $60
Nikon E-Series 50mm $45
Pentax-M 28mm $40
Pentax M42 Takumar 55mm $35
Vivitar 135mm (for Pentax K mount) $20
Pentax-M 40mm $60

That's good to hear. Ur encouraging me to buy lenses off ebay. I have one zoom and 3 primes. 28-135. 24mm. 50mm. 85mm. All bought for much higher prices than ebay. Think ill take a chance off ebay with my next lens. If it's a lemon, im coming after you :lol:

Back