favorite What is your favorite Halloween movie?

Depends.....if im in a good mood....some munsters and 3 stoogies with an Abbot and costello monster movie...
if im in a shyt mood.....Friday the 13th orginal...or something verry violent or large body count.... The Thing or City of the Living Dead (aka Gates of Hell)

If im in a classic mood Horror Of Dracula, Curse of Frankenstine or (Spanish verision) Dracula

Of course no matter what RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD...it has it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Surprised. Watched this 'Halloween' movie on Netflix a while back. Surprised me. Was pretty good.
Trick 'r Treat. If you have not seen it. You might like it. Kind of fresh and dark humor with a bit of 'bite'.

Is "all of them" an acceptable answer? I don't think I could pick one! Nightmare Before Christmas is a good choice (as a huge Danny Elfman/Oingo Boingo fan), and could be followed by Corpse Bride and Coraline.

I often do a Romero Living Dead marathon, though now that all the Saw movies are on DVD, I might do that this year (we'll see. Girlfriend also likes them, but doesn't have the stomach for gore that I do). And, Psychosis, I'll see your Return of the Living Dead and raise you Part 3 (my favorite in the series)!

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. Hocus Pocus. Sweeney Todd. Poltergeist. Beetle Juice. The Craft.

And I know that this will forever ruin any credibility I had as a filmmaker, but my guilty pleasure Halloween movies are the Halloweentown series... :blush:

I suppose it would be "Nightmare on Elm St." (the original), but there are really so many. I'm a long-time horror movie fan (even worked for a horror movie site for a year, and was lucky enough to cover a few conventions, and meet a lot of really great actors, directors and the like), so it's difficult to choose just one.

Halloween is also probably the only holiday I really give a damn about.

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. Hocus Pocus. Sweeney Todd. Poltergeist. Beetle Juice. The Craft.

And I know that this will forever ruin any credibility I had as a filmmaker, but my guilty pleasure Halloween movies are the Halloweentown series... :blush:

Just watched Halloweentown I & II and Hocus Pocus with my girlfriend. Classics :)

I really like Hocus Pocus. Just bought it.

My favorites are the Halloween movies.

I like them too.

I am not familiar with Halloweentown, but boy does it sound RIGHT up my alley! Hard not to like Hocus Pocus, and bringing to mind another fond memory from my childhood, Mr. Boogedy! Which of course leads to other classic spooky Disney stuff, Watcher In the Woods, Something Wicked This Way Comes, and one of my all-time favorites, Child of Glass!

"Nightmare before Christmas", hands down, no competition (in my book)!

For something scary, I'd have to go with "Halloween" (the original, of course).

No amount of nostalgia can get me to sit through the whole of these movies. But they are still probably my favorite 'Halloween movies.'

Hocus Pocus &
Halloweentown

What I do love to rewatch this time of year is Halloween episodes of TV shows. Roseanne's are the best (and all streaming on Netflix now!)

And, Psychosis, I'll see your Return of the Living Dead and raise you Part 3 (my favorite in the series)!

yeah ..thats a good one...but gotta go with the orginal for all time fav..
but Trick or Treat was a good movie! i was surprised too with that one!

I could do a 80's indy thinge like Reanimator and Bride of Reanimator...FrankenHooker and Brain Damage <verry trippy movie!) also the Basket Case serise falls in to this...and one last one is Puppet Master<its not scary but a verry well filmed indy horror.

Back