• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch What I did in a former life

Just for fun --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxWthvZXgNM

I left teaching high school to become a recording engineer. The audio engineering program I wanted to get into (University of Memphis) had a pre-req in introductory filmmaking. I had so much fun in that class that I had to reconsider what my primary outlet for artistic expression should be, and the rest is history.

The guitar in this song is performed by a friend. Everything else by lil'-ol me.

No, that's not Na'vi. The language is Chuukese (Chuuk being a small volcanic island in the South Pacific). The song is actually a cover.

I'm afraid I have no translation. It's a cheesey love song, with cheesey lyrics. Like, "Hey, baby, when I look into your eyes, blah, blah, blah". But it sounds cool. :)

I meant the vocal was mixed a bit off, I think it needs to go through an analogue board.

The audio mix in general was fine...

A dub mix of this song would sound awesome.

nìprrte’ :)

(I think that means what I'm trying to say lol)

:)

You're guess is as good as mine. I only know the stuff that stood out in the movie (plus a few lines that I had translated for my movie). I think you got it right.

I meant the vocal was mixed a bit off, I think it needs to go through an analogue board.

The audio mix in general was fine...

A dub mix of this song would sound awesome.

Sounds like you've done some recording. Sweet. It's a lot of fun. Yeah, I'm not surprised that the mix is off some. I was all self-taught, through trial/error, and still rather green. Cheers!

Sounds like you've done some recording. Sweet. It's a lot of fun. Yeah, I'm not surprised that the mix is off some. I was all self-taught, through trial/error, and still rather green. Cheers!

Nahhh. I was just being a perfectionist asshat. It's a great song...

The other instruments are recorded pretty clean and crisp.

Last edited:
Back