What Do You Think

Okay, so you got actors like Nicole Kidman, Brad Pitt, Keanu Reeves and so on and so forth, you know, just the kind of the been around since the 80s types. The question i want to put out there is really concerning the paperazzi that follow them. why is it that when jen and brad split we couldn't hear enough about it or when Angelina Jolie got a simple freakin tattoo it was all over the tabloids and net but yet, i never ever hear anything about black actors? I mean is it just me? I never see black actors in the tabloids or anywhere unless their in the new york post the day after the Source awards show saying how another haneous fight broke out. Do you all think its:

* OKAY TO OVERLOOK THAT

* SIMPLY A COINCIDENCE

* OR SIMPLY MODERN DAY HOLLYWOOD TRYING TO MAKE SOME KIND OF " UNDER THE RADAR" POINT OF
" YEAH, YOU CAN ENTERTAIN US, BUT YOUR LIVES OUTSIDE OF ENTERTAINMENT WILL NEVER BE AS IMPORTANT AS A WHITE ACTORS'?"

- nobody take offense to this thread, it's not meant to be hostile, it's just something i've been wondering for a while.

Last edited:
I believe Halle Berry was in the tabloids when she split from her hubby. Lord knows Bobby and Whitney have been fodder for those rags. J-Lo, though not black, but a minority, is one of their star subjects.

I just don't really see any discrimination there. Will Smith and his wife (her name escapes me at the moment) certianly get press about their private life.

I guess all those drugs I took in college are starting to catch up with me. I definitely remember her face, though.

Its because black actors are not as important as white actors. You see the tabloids have a massive conspiracy with Jewish run studios in Hollywood to only promote white actors, and consequently, the oscars then only reward those white actors except when they are blackmailed by the NAACP to reward actors like Jamie Foxx and Halle Berry, who are acceptable to white audiences anyway.

Is that what you want to hear? This sounds a lot like those other rediculous posts that another member whom is now banned used to post just to stir up trouble.

The fact is there is no conspiracy. There is no White overlord controlling the tabloids. Big names are big names and I have seen Oprah as well as Denzel and Halle Berry and Cuba Gooding Jr. and Queen Latifah on the front of tabloids and magazines and TV Guides.

Big names, like Kirstey Alley getting fat and Angelina Jolie desecrating her body are big stories because they are big names. I remember the constant OPRAH GAINS 200LBS and OPRAH LOSES 200LBS AND IS A TWIG headlines at the supermarket for years. When a tabloid or a magazine sees a story they put it on the cover whether it is black white, brown, orange, or martian.

Now please, I beg everyone, knock off this segregation BS. Its the 21st century.

IMHO

After years (decades) of marketing research being perfected to an exact science...I would venture this guess: all companies, regardless of their product, know how to provide to their client base EXACTLY what will appeal to them the most. Tabloids and entertainment news mags are no exception to this. The tabloids know exactly WHO buys their magazines and WHAT type of stories generate the sales. If a tabloid intentionally neglects certain types of stories, there will be a marketing research statistic to support the decision. So ultmiately, the consumer determines what types of stories get the most attention. Apparently, weight fluctuations and cheating spouses are very important in our society.

Personally, I think we're to the point where black celebrities are as popular if not more so than white. Look at the culture we live in! I was talking to somebody the other day, they were talking about how their brother "thinks he's so tough". They went on about how he dresses tough and everything, and then went "but hahahah he's white!"

O_O

Talk about reverse racism! I think things have finally come full circle. The most popular music right now is hip hop, the most popular fashion right now is 'gangsta', and all the kids at my school pretend to be black. I HIGHLY doubt that there's any sort of conspiracy against blacks...and if there IS...whoever's in charge of it is doing a crappy job. :D I don't think you have to worry about blacks not getting enough attention anymore...they're pretty much the image of cool right now.

Top me will you...

Okay, how about - SHOOT ANY TABLOID REPORTEER ON SIGHT!

No wait, the cost of bullets would be astronomical. Okay, never mind.

Because Tom Sizemore is an indestructable bad-movie-making robot.
Even if you somehow manage to kill him, 3 more will take his place.

Boz Uriel said:
Top me will you...

Okay, how about - SHOOT ANY TABLOID REPORTEER ON SIGHT!

No wait, the cost of bullets would be astronomical. Okay, never mind.
i don't even breathe the same air as a tabloid newspaper - my lungs are tabloid spore free :yes: uh-huh

... you could always use a bb gun

Back