What do you think of Slated.com?

So, I came across this site which appears to have a bunch of industry types being connected to investors. It seems pretty legit and interesting, so I signed up for it. The downside is there is a waiting process to be accepted on the site unless you have 2 referrals, which I have 1. It looks like I don't have a lot of colleagues in my social networks who are also on Slated.com.

Are any of you on there? Is it a good alternative to crowdfunding?

I'd love to hear your opinions as I am trying to build a bigger pool of creative professionals to advance my directing career.

Check it out here. www.Slated.com

The reason no one answered in 7 years is because no one here on indietalk had
(or has) any personal experience.

Slated does seem legit. You can join for free. Have you joined?

Yes, it’s free to sign up. Yes, I’m on there as are both of my projects. Only one project actively using the site to build cast and crew or connect with distribution and investors. The other project is not embracing the use of Slated primarily bc they take a percentage based on films entire budget if they bring us any financing. Reading carefully: The percentage they take is not tied to the amount of financing they secure. The details of their commission are in their fine print.

Bottom line - Imho, Slated is very worthwhile if used properly. But I do think it’s an excessive fee and the way they bury the costs feels like it’s designed to be intentionally deceptive.

Back