What do people carry thier lights in?

Couple of weeks ago I bought 3 Arri Fresnel lights (2 300s and a 650). I bought an official Arri case from PRODUCTION GEAR LTD / VIDEO GEAR which turned out to be a cheap shoddy fake from China, although it was advertised as an original. So I returned it to PRODUCTION GEAR LTD. And now I am caseless. Arri cases seem pretty difficult to buy. So if anyone could tell me where to buy them OR a decent HARD case WITH WHEELS? Any brand will do as long as you can vouch for their quality. I spent a grand on these lights I am willing to spend a couple hundred on their transport. Cheers!

Pelican and thermodyne are the go-to names in hard caes. They offer many versions with wheels.

You probably won't find a case cut custom for your specific needs, but they come with foam you can pluck out to fit whatever you want.

Personally, I have my fixtures, bulbs and cables in a portabrace bag, then a cheap rolling duffel full of stands, modifiers, gel, diffusion, umbrellas, clamps, clothespins, dimmers and misc grip and electrical stuff.

In my/a gaffer's/grip's van, arranged neatly on shelves :)

There are cases sold for specific lights and specific combinations of lights. That said, some lights are too big to have cases, and such lights generally are just put in the back of a/my car, or are brought in the Gaffer's van.

What about something like this?
http://www.cinelight.com/bags-cases/cordura-hard-bag-94-x-34-x-25-cm

Normally you see redheads put in there, but there's no reason you couldn't put anything else in there..

Back