What are you working on?

@Nick:
Genre: Holidays
Prop: Earrings
Line: ?

Theme: Christmas movies and/or bad Christmas sweaters?
Prop: potatoes?
Line: "Uhm spoiler alert."?

Not quite, although our genre was 'Holiday Movie'.

Where were the potatoes in all that?!

Had the awards ceremony on Friday and we were nominated for Best Use of Line, Best Use of Prop, and Best Ensemble, which was nice because I didn't think we'd get within a sniff of any awards. Didn't win any of them but, as ever, about 3 technically excellent films got all the awards.

Congrats on the nominations, Nick!

Just finished the haunted house, which I think was our most successful year. The kids loved it, and there were far fewer problem children. The theme was pokemon, and we created a little card game for the kids to play, 4 mini-mazes rather than one big one, the first three leading to monsters that the kids played against, and could win more powerful cards. The fourth led to the final room, where we performed a skit, the kids played and lost and a giant dragon puppet burst through the walls. Until very late in the evening, at which point the kids could actually win as the monsters were giving out stronger and stronger cards.

For the music, I had initally wanted to make a bunch of spooky renditions of pokemon music, but I didn't have enough time to do more than a couple. Mostly I used the Lavender Town music, which is an eerie piece in the town in the first game where you first learn pokemon can, in fact, die. You catch ghost pokemon and meet trainers driven mad with grief. And there was the whole urban legend that the music was causing kids in Japan to commit suicide!

You can listen to and/or download some of my favorite tracks from the haunted house over the years at:
https://soundcloud.com/joshloughrey/sets/haunted-house
The first and last are the pokemon tracks, but anything other than that feel free to use in film projects. I can get you .wav versions, but the .mp3s should be good for temp scores or for your halloween parties!

Back to my music; trying to get a new song ready for the 11/12 show, and hopefully drastically changing one of the old ones too!

Ha!
Just wrote a complete first draft for a short in script format for the very first time!
(I used Final Draft.)

(Normally I would just write it in my own format, but this script might end up on some desk in an attempt to get a grand.)

Hey guys,

Please check out my latest VLOG featuring behind the scenes of the latest music video I shot, if you thought the video was good then please Like, Subscirbe and Share, I also welcome any feedback :)
https://youtu.be/V6kDRurqrcI

short little plug and explains basically what I am working on.. sorry if you think its spam (its not) but showcases my indie filmmaking :) also featuring Gorillaonabile

Aww, I loved reading all that. I'm at work so I can't watch the videos right now, but I love the look of them! It warms my heart this holiday season to see the old gang still making shit and living the dream.

Me, I'm back in Chicago as of last spring, which is lovely. I'd like to say I have some exciting filmmaking news for you guys, but school is keeping me too busy to do anything fun at all. Much as I love what I'm learning I'll be so happy to be done and get my "off-hours" back to being real free time to do with what I wish.

Sean has been doing mega composing lately. While I'm certainly biased I can say objectively the composition and recording quality is PRIMO. So yeah, keep your eyes peeled around here for him.

Ok, I can't help but share a link http://www.OneGoodEarStudio.com/

Changing the world. That's what I've been working on lately. Sure has been keeping me busy. I think I might be at this for a while. :D

Last edited:
Wow everyone is working on some great stuff. I am currently working on a feature film called the chicken party. It's a great script with an awesome diverse cast from all over the world. We are on the third week of shooting and should be finished by the end of february. We are all very excited, it's a film with a lot of secrets which make it even more fun. Check out instagram page out @thechickenpartymovie.

The film was inspired by my trip to South Korea with my wife and my friend who is directing it. We were tourists who were approached by some Koreans inviting us to a chicken party. What happened next surprised even us. We leave it a surprise to build the interest and mystery. Instead of Americans being the tourists we made it Japanese girls coming to America. Wish the best for you all!

I am finishing up a scene for a documentary I am doing about African wildlife, economic and cultural impacts of humans and animals interacting.

I'm quite new to this, I have some field experience, teaching myself as I go, which means, I could use help at every turn (especially in post, color grading, some music help, and a general hand in seeing where improvements could be made) Which is why I joined. I am doing this all on my own. Nobody looking over my shoulder telling me what I'm doing wrong right etc.

I have a good footage to work with. I used quality equipment, Senheiser wireless mic, Sony AX2000 camera, Rode Shotgun mic etc.

The scene is about the funding for a small school deep in the bush of Zambia along the Luangwa River. Chief Muembe's village and the children who attend the school.

I went there in 2013, and didn't get all the interview footage I needed. Luckily the manager of the area was here in the USA this past week, so, we sat down for an interview.

He gave such an incredible interview that his interview could stand alone as a strong message about African wildlife conservation and a true glimpse into the lives of the people in the forgotten parts of rural Africa.

Back