what a difference a year can make

I know this is probably a bit self aggrandizing, and many think I pat myself on the back too much already, but I am quite proud of this.

For my podcasts series, I was editing something shot one week ago, then switched over to an incompleted one from a year ago and I saw this when I put it side by side.

1921236_596384530440731_1829608678_o.jpg

Jesus, I'm so glad I go to the gym 2-3 times a week now. I'm still fat, just not like THAT.

Let this be a warning to the young pups out there... when you get into your 40's it's amazing how much your metabolism slows.

Like I saw on one of those silly facebook things that spread around the other day. "Don't aim for skinny, aim for healthy."

Well done bud.

definitely a better look. facial hair helps hide the extra chin (i know all about that trick) and the wrinkle-free shirt goes a long way too
I'll be dieting and exercising etc later in the year. but for now.. soda and pasta

Good for you, bro!

I started getting back in shape about three years ago. It's gotten to the point where I miss
my dally workouts. Besides the obvious benefits of working out, eating healthier and shedding
a few pounds - well, more than a few - being out of shape was interfering with my Foley work,
so shaping up was a professional benefit as well.

To top it all off, I didn't have a heart attack during and wasn't stiff & sore after shoveling the
incredible amounts of snow we've had this winter!

Congrats on maintaining the healthier lifestyle.
It ain't easy.

Yeah, its funny when you hit your 40s, rapidly note you're definitely "off warranty" and all sorts of squeeky things from your 30s start rattling or fall off.
WTH?!
Can't wait till I get my AARP card any old day now. :grrr:
What's gonna fail next? :lol:

Yeah, it starts @ 30, then gets much worse @ 40.
I'm hoping there's a leveling off curve ahead and not a ramping up one!

Yeah, it starts @ 30, then gets much worse @ 40

Well see, I've got a trick up my sleeve.
I've never had a 6 pack. So if I get that when i'm 40 then i'll be in the best shape of my life.
Instead of those poor schmucks who are in shape at 20, there is nowhere to go but down

Oh, screw vanity abs.
I've effed up my knees and knuckles from too many century rides cycling, mountain biking, backpacking, and rock climbing in my 20s.

I try to take the stairs up, but increasingly more often I'm saying "screwit", and take the elevator.

And all that sunlight from a couple decades ago is screwing up the skin on my hands and forearms. Effing UV rays.

And my eyes are going to pot. Hit 40; get readers.
Efffffffff meeeeeee. WhattaPITA.

And everything hurts a little, all the time, for no good reason. Stupid.

At least my memory isn't any worse than it's always been. I think.

Where're my d@men glasses?

wait... is this one of those optical illusions? ... you're wearing a smaller hat in the left picture?

Kidding! Good for you, Sonnyboo. Looks like you're on the path to healthy living. It's not the easiest thing to do, but the rewards are priceless. Congrats. :clap:

Back