Welcome to the Sausage Party!

Ramsay-Snow.gif

Lets get this party started

200_s.gif

Cracker, you're a hard one to figure out. There's very few who are more all over the map than me.

I swim in your hater-aid. It keeps me awake. Please, for the future of my success, keep hating on my projects.

Did I understand you wrong? Did you not want this hate, "for the future of [your] success"?

It's a bit of a relief that you're not one of those who need hate to get motivated, not that there's anything wrong with floating your boat that way.

Cracker, you're a hard one to figure out. There's very few who are more all over the map than me.

Did I understand you wrong? Did you not want this hate, "for the future of [your] success"?

It's a bit of a relief that you're not one of those who need hate to get motivated, not that there's anything wrong with floating your boat that way.

No, I hate hate. Let's be clear on that. Let's also be clear that I never invited anybody to hate on me at any time in any thread. I created a specific thread for the hateration. If you want to hate on me, keep it there.

I'm legitimately saddened to learn that I need to add you to a list that formerly only had one member. Any time you hate on me in any thread that isn't the thread I created for you to hate on me, I will document it in that thread.

Back on topic. I have a theory.

Some stories require a specific gender, ethnicity, or sexual orientation. My next feature happens to require specifics in all of the above. The story wouldn't make sense if our hero was anything other than exactly who she is.

But I think there are many times when you could tell the exact same story, regardless of the gender, ethnicity or sexual orientation of your hero.

Think of Back to the Future, for example. The exact same story could be told with a female hero. The exact same story could be told with a black hero. The exact same story could be told with a transgender hero.

There is absolutely no reason why Back to the Future needs to be told from the perspective of a cis-gendered straight white male. The story is fucking genius, and our hero can be anybody.

So if you've got a story that can be played by anybody, why not let it be played by anybody? I know that directors love making decisions. Trust me, I know. But when you have the opportunity, why not make your casting decisions based on the best talent available, regardless of their ethnicity or gender?

The revolution is happening, y'all. I strongly encourage you to make yourself part of it.

I'm legitimately saddened to learn that I need to add you to a list that formerly only had one member. Any time you hate on me in any thread that isn't the thread I created for you to hate on me, I will document it in that thread.

You don't know when it's time to quit, do you? You're just asking for it to be heaped on you.

It's sad, you plead for a truce you had no intention to keep.

You want it to continue, it's on buddy!

You don't know when it's time to quit, do you? You're just asking for it to be heaped on you.

It's sad, you plead for a truce you had no intention to keep.

You want it to continue, it's on buddy!

make sure you do it in the right thread

Would anybody like to discuss the original topic of this thread? Cuz I do. I think it's important, not just for the benefit of society, but for the benefit of indie filmmakers.

The problem is this sort of thread.

I know you guys all mean well, but the vibe is always pretty macho, pretty posturing. And it only gets worse when a discussion brings in thoughts on young actresses – I think the balance often tips into outright misogyny.

I've also noticed (with two very prominent example that I won't be specific about) that when a member self-identifies as a young woman, suddenly there's an awful lot of interest in anything she posts. There are definitely some long-term community members, like mlesseman, who I think have gotten beyond this treatment into the 'regular' status (which so many blokes enjoy) but it can be off-putting to new members, and I guess makes people shy about specifying their gender.

But most of these problems are true of the internet generally. I'm not sure we, as the user body of IT, need to actively push to get more women on the board, though it might be worth IndieTalk doing some gender targeted marketing on Facebook. What we can do, however, is to try and make the vibe here more chilled out, more conducive to civil, constructive discussion, so that we both have a good time talking about things here and also leave a concise and useful resource for future internet generations.

The problem is this sort of thread.

I know you guys all mean well, but the vibe is always pretty macho, pretty posturing. And it only gets worse when a discussion brings in thoughts on young actresses – I think the balance often tips into outright misogyny.

I've also noticed (with two very prominent example that I won't be specific about) that when a member self-identifies as a young woman, suddenly there's an awful lot of interest in anything she posts. There are definitely some long-term community members, like mlesseman, who I think have gotten beyond this treatment into the 'regular' status (which so many blokes enjoy) but it can be off-putting to new members, and I guess makes people shy about specifying their gender.

But most of these problems are true of the internet generally. I'm not sure we, as the user body of IT, need to actively push to get more women on the board, though it might be worth IndieTalk doing some gender targeted marketing on Facebook. What we can do, however, is to try and make the vibe here more chilled out, more conducive to civil, constructive discussion, so that we both have a good time talking about things here and also leave a concise and useful resource for future internet generations.

Hehe. We've got a thread here where dudes are thoughtfully explaining to each other how they can better be feminists. This world sure has changed a lot. Sorry if I sound stupid right now, I just smoked a bunch of week. Hey, it's legal where I live! :lol:

Nick, I like the thoughts you just shared here. Very much. You remain to be very insightful. Right the fuck on!

Just to clarify -- I'm not posturing, though I don't think you were accusing me of doing so. Diversity in film is a very big deal for me right now. It's about time that we stop exclusively making films about cis-gendered straight white males.

Sorry, I didn't mean 'posturing' in the sense of taking an ideological position that you don't really believe in, more in the sense of people sometimes being overly aggressive or confrontational in a slightly performative manner!

Enjoy your weed.

Sorry, I didn't mean 'posturing' in the sense of taking an ideological position that you don't really believe in, more in the sense of people sometimes being overly aggressive or confrontational in a slightly performative manner!

Enjoy your weed.

Dude, you're my boy. And yes, maybe I'm being confrontational in a slightly performative manner. It's totally a performance, you know that. But the fun part is that it doesn't ruin the performance by confessing/bragging about the fact that it's a performance. This is so meta.

Guess what's taken a steep hike up recently? That'd be web traffic to indietalk. Hell, even my own website has seen a spike in traffic, and I haven't even done anything with it recently. As far as I'm concerned, my website is in limbo until I have an opportunity to make a couple important changes to it. And yet somehow it's currently getting traffic.

Gee, I wonder why. Maybe it's because somebody recently came back to a forum they were once big at and started intentionally starting shit? I'm basically the Dark Knight of indietalk! :lol:

Back