Weird movies you liked as a kid

I was very seriously into Woody Allen movies when I was about six years old, and I think that's weird enough. I liked a lot of the stuff people have mentioned (The Wizard, Vincent Price films, horror in general, particularly NOES, Howard the Duck), but the thing is that I knew other kids who liked that stuff. I had to wait another ten years to find people close to my age who enjoyed films like those of Allen or even Seven Samurai (I first saw it when I was nine and thought it was one the coolest things I had ever seen).

Last edited:
"The Last Unicorn" comes to mind immediately even though its a cartoon. Actually, i just bought it on DVD and still think its a good example of story telling.

I think when i was younger my sister and I thought that "Hocus Pocus" with Bette Midler and Sara Jessica Parker was the shit. In retrospect that is a very awful movie, but a Halloween classic non the less.

Cherry2000
The C.H.U.D. II: Bud the Chud
Ratboy
Prayer of the Rollerboys

Remember that part in Howard the Duck where they show duck boobies? LOL

"I think when i was younger my sister and I thought that "Hocus Pocus" with Bette Midler and Sara Jessica Parker was the shit. In retrospect that is a very awful movie, but a Halloween classic non the less.

Ah! haha hocus pocus is totally a halloween guilty pleasure of mine. loved that since i was a kid too!

"The Last Unicorn" comes to mind immediately even though its a cartoon. Actually, i just bought it on DVD and still think its a good example of story telling.

I think when i was younger my sister and I thought that "Hocus Pocus" with Bette Midler and Sara Jessica Parker was the shit. In retrospect that is a very awful movie, but a Halloween classic non the less.

Consequently, this is one of the first movies that made me cry as a kid too. So, I can cross-post this one right now. :) I wouldn't call it weird...but hey...I haven't see it in decades (oh man, am I THAT old already?)

Oh man! how could I forget "Raising Arizona"? John Goodman was awesome, and Cage was brilliant!

You guys were watching films like 'Raising Arizona' as kids? Where were your parents!?! Hahahah.

OK OK...maybe we need to decide what 'kid' means...I was thinking 10 and under...and Raising Arizona isn't something I would have enjoyed at that age. Maybe some of you are thinking 'kid' means teenager...

*shrugs*

You guys were watching films like 'Raising Arizona' as kids? Where were your parents!?! Hahahah.

OK OK...maybe we need to decide what 'kid' means...I was thinking 10 and under...and Raising Arizona isn't something I would have enjoyed at that age. Maybe some of you are thinking 'kid' means teenager...

*shrugs*

LOL yeah i was definitley a kid in the 80's watching this. My parents always worked double jobs so my older sister pretty much raised me and my brother. So she let me watch movies and listen to music of all sorts. And my parents growing up stole cable so.... I had lots of channels ^_^

"The Ice Pirates" with Robert Urich! I don't remember much about the movie now but I must have watched it at least like 40 or 50 times.

I also liked Tales from the Crypt quite a bit as a kid...I used to sneak up and watch it when my parents went to bed. Good times.

I watched some weird Movies as a kid, and one of them was Tetsuo II body hammer which is possibly one of the weirdest films EVER. oh am I forgetting, Eraserhead, Blue velvet, Blood diner, night patrol and Disneys black hole was trippy to.

Back