website question

I'm working on my home page and was wondering if it is wise to publish my log line and synopsis. I'm in preprod and have set a tentative production date (January).

There's really no need for a website yet unless you are using it to raise financing. Also, what Shaw said. ;)

yes, I registered several drafts with the WGA West. There's still a little tweaking going on but other than that, it's ready.

with the WGA West

That is not the same as copyrighted.

Try here.

smiley_learn.gif
http://www.copyright.gov/

Is this the one that you were planning on doing in South Africa, btw?

Last edited:
I wouldn't...

victorian said:
I'm working on my home page and was wondering if it is wise to publish my log line and synopsis. I'm in preprod and have set a tentative production date (January).

Even with a copyright and WGA registration, your "idea" is not protected...

Anyone could see your synopsis and write a similar script... Nothing you can do about it... That's why I no longer upload my own scripts to sites like Zoetrope or Triggerstreet... Too many people can see your stuff and simply change it up a bit... Very easy to do and nothing you can do about it...

filmy

I have to agree, even with a copyrighted script you can't copyright the idea, which your synopsis and log line in essense are. The second you put it in the public domain anyone can take it and do anything they want with it.

Personally I don't talk about storylines publically until the film is well into post production.

Back