Video asset res. and frame rates?

Hey guys, looking for some advice here. I decided to make a completely separate YouTube channel for just uploading free pre-keyed video assets. Now my first few have been recorded at 1080p with 30fps. Do you think it would be better to record at 720p with 60fps? Thanks and let me know what pro's and con's outweigh each other.

The channel I made is called: FreeVideoAsset
if you wanted download the clips uploaded so far and check them out.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses guys. I guess I was thinking that videocopilot recorded theirs in 60fps, but maybe that was just for slow motion effects they had. But yes, the 24fps sounds like a plan. Thanks guys.

What do you guys think would be a good starting set of effects to create and upload? As far whether I should try a variety of something, like smoke, fire, water, whatever?

Well I did also think I could make small packs of textures. Simply going out and snapping photos of things and bundling them together. One thing I do want to try, not even sure it would be possible, is to see if I could capture a tree and pre-key it. Has that been done? Either way we will see :)

Back