UK Writer/Director

Firstly I feel a little bit of a fraud listing Director seeing as I have very little experience in that regard. I hope to change that this year if I can save any money up. So far I've written 7 features and planning on the 8th to be a no budget film I can do (with all the pressure on myself of course). Anyway if anybody is from England make yourself known, I'm an absolute tech dope so I'm hoping I can brush up things while I'm here.

Hi Connor!

Welcome to the community! :) You should not feel like a fraud, imo. You are simply an aspiring director and apparently quite the writer, having written 7 features. I hope you can pick up some good advice from the talented directors on this forum. What genres have you written for, btw?

7 isn't anything special, at 20 I might give myself a pat on the back. But thanks for the kind words, I'll try and absorb what I can. So far Drama, Thriller, Comedy, Horror, Rom-Com. I don't like to confine myself to one genre.

Well I decided to write for 3 years before doing much about it, I've queried here and there but not pursued representation aggressively. So now I'm at the point of going down the spec route or just doing it on my own.

They cover a variety, some of them tread familar ground in tone but they all have something different to say.

Hey man, amateur VFX guy right here :)

I used to be a software programmer and after a few years got bored with it, so I've decided to use my nerd powers for good! rather than evil! And turned to the much more interesting field of VFX. If you need anything give me a shout :)

bldnick, nice to meet someone so close by! didnt realise there were any other yorkshire men on this site, although that depends on whether you are originally from yorkshire and also not in fact female haha

Welcome!

Plenty of members from England and the U.K. here. You've already met some and there are plenty more.

You can browse some older threads and find people you can contact and collaborate with.

Back