pre-pro Trouble finding actors and locations.

Hello,

I'm having trouble finding actors and locations to film. I do use casting websites to no avail. I don't even know where to begin with finding a home to use. I know this is not going to be easy for no to low budget filming. And Craigslist does not work here(SC) at all.

I try to find the cast first, then hope they have access to homes/businesses that will work. It's a gamble, but hasn't failed me yet.

If it's a really low budget film, you can get onto a local Facebook news group and post who and what you're looking for. I did that, got three actors, and two were a married couple that manage vacation rentals. They hooked us up with a $7 million house at not cost. Had they acted before? No. But they had time, were willing, brought locations to the film, and they actually did a great job.

Hello,

I'm having trouble finding actors and locations to film. I do use casting websites to no avail. I don't even know where to begin with finding a home to use. I know this is not going to be easy for no to low budget filming. And Craigslist does not work here(SC) at all.
Many filmmakers try casting without everything in order. I wonder if
that's you can't find a cast. Do you have a firm start date? Can you
tell potential actors exactly how many days you will need them? Is
all that in your casting notice?

Back