• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Total Eclipse (A Horror Short)

A merciless killer. Three missing girls. A total lunar eclipse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTAHxWHtfH0

This is a short horror film we shot last summer in Illinois. It was shot on the Canon 5D mark ii and only cost $200 to make. We shot it all in one day from 9AM to midnight.

The short stars Bruce Spielbauer (Killer) and Megan McHugh (Shelly).

You can check it out on IMDB!

We also have a ton of BEHIND THE SCENES vlogs on our channel. You can watch some of them below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehYf8lyYGsw

Last edited:
Where do I begin!?!?!?!

Magnificent:

Lighting, color, timing, editing, acting, sound, camerawork, intensity. Really pulled me in and I am not a horror film fan at all. Most often they end up campy and boring. This one was different. Loved the idea that he was getting his in the end. Absolutely loved the washing hands scene. Really set the tone. I actually batted at the flies that I thought were buzzing around my head (and I'm listening on PC speakers!!) You guys really captured the mood!

Not so magnificent:

The emotion he displayed when he reached for the shovel (seemed forced and like he was trying to act. Like there wasn't a whole lot of urgency to it. Funny thing was though that the shovel swing and hit scene was awesome) and the "ultra fake" trip over the tree root. Oh and he didn't seem like he was trying too hard to get the sliding door closed.

If you entered this into any festivals and didn't come out winning, the people selecting the winners are complete fools!

I really liked what you did with the moon --changing the colors from white to red and back and giving it that little shimmer, etc.

Outstanding! Very gutwrenching start and superb audio. The end credits are a little long for such a short movie. I really liked the use of light and shadows. I would love to show this at IndieMeet (check my sig), and you are certainly invited.

Outstanding! Very gutwrenching start and superb audio. The end credits are a little long for such a short movie. I really liked the use of light and shadows. I would love to show this at IndieMeet (check my sig), and you are certainly invited.

Please, feel free to screen it! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

"Total Eclipse" was chosen as an episode for BlackBoxTV!

It's a slightly different version - so if you're interested, check it out! Sorry far the response has been pretty positive :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfi4Ngcr-40

Very nice work, very professionally done!

The plot felt very similar in atmosphere to 'Tell Tale Heart' by Edgar Poe, one of my favourite short stories. I think what could have possibly been improved is the selection for shots just after the murder when they start to come back to life - it seemed to break the tone very slightly and felt more similar to Silent Hill than Edgar Poe's work.

Still though, it didn't stop my enjoyment of the piece at all. Nice musical score to go along with it too, and artwork at the end. Overall, a fantastic piece of work, you should definitely be proud of it :)

I think I like the Black Box TV version better because of the music. I kinda thought it was funnier with the music when he fell in the grave. Anyways for some reason I was more impressed with the Black Box TV version. It seemed the music worked good for the revenge of the girls. Another well done short. Great job.

Last edited:
Wow, I thought it was great, the cinematography was amazing, I especially liked that 360 dolly shot. My criticism would be that it was a little silly, but overall it was great.

Back