favorite Top 5 Favorite Films of All Time?

i think im the only one that thought kids was one of the best movies of all time. i thought the movie was hilarious. its just a big party movie. just forget that everyone in the film has (u know) and it will be an awesome movie,.

LOL you know what if you do take that out then it does become a different movie. Good call there dude.
Fun Fact: that was Rosario Dawsons first movie.

With so many of these I can agree. I would like to add a few that have NOT been mention - maybe to get an "oh yeah" or something that someone has not seen as yet:

1. Sin City - if ever a modern comic book's pages came to life - it wood read like this ...
2. Goal ! - more than a sports movie, its about father and son, dreams and goals (achievment)
3. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - funny as can be, a farce, and the art of simplicity.
4. Pie [symbol] - a black & white mental mystery puzzle
5. Rear Window - a masterpiece from a master ('nuff sed)

Amazing thread. Diverse movies. Diverse genres. It shows the diversity of thinking of different people in this forum.

My list :

Pick up on south street
Breathless
Pulp Fiction
Taxi Driver
Fargo
NCFOM
Les Diaboliques (For some reason I like this better than Psycho)
North By Northwest
Fight Club.
The Shining (Oh maaaaaaaan..mind blowing opening title sequence.. one of the finest cinematic experiences I ever had)
Catch 22

On the hind sight, the thread could have been top 5 directors because while listing the above i found that I consistently liked the movies of directors Sam Fuller, Scorsese, Tarantino, Coens, Jean-Luc Gordad, stanley kubrick and Mike Nichols.

Okay so here is my 5. I've gotta note though, that this is my Top 5 HOLLYWOOD pictures, not Top 5 all time, cus i find it too hard and pointless to arrange movies from different schools together. Besides hollywood cinema, I am a sucker for american independent, asian and soviet cinema. This being said, here is my Top 5 Hollywod flicks all time

Terminator 2 - the movie that has been there all my life and pretty much shaped my understanding of film. A breakthrough originally, it is still damn bad-ass. A great sci-fi flick and in my opinion the greatest thing Cameron has created.

The Truman Show - an amazing emotional journey with Jim Carrey, on par with also amazing The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Full of detail, and cool acting/directing. I love it.

The Dark Knight - well, we all remember our first time seeing it in theater. Nolan's best film, and yes I have seen Inception. This movie is just too good.

Kill Bill - this movie is pure coolness. As Tarantino himself pointed out, Kill Bill is not a life-film, but a film-film, aka the kinda film that Vince and Jules see when they go to movies. Its got great story and look, humor, action and even an anime chapter. In every frame of this movie i can sense the filmmaker's love for the art of motion picture. Pulp Fiction for the critics, Kill Bill for me.

Sin City - and my number one favorite hollywod title is this totally stunning comic-book noir movie. Superb cast, dialogue and directing. Its even got a scene by Tarantino. Eveyone who loves this movie knows perfectly everything thats good about it, so no need for me to go there. This movie just totally clicks with me.

Other Hollywod films that i really like but that dont make it to top 5 are Space Odyssey 2001, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Speed Racer (you heard it right), Ed Wood, and Lost in Translation. Also, though probably not technically hollywood, The Hard Candy (w/ Ellen Page) and Green Street Hooligans (w/ Elijah Wood) are also two great movies. If you havent seen some of these, i strongly recommend them all.

Last edited:
Full Metal Jacket

A Clockwork Orange

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Forrest Gump

Back to the Future 1, 2 and 3

Goodfellas

Pulp Fiction

Inglourious Basterds

This question just made me go into convulsions. I'm going to bed. But first I'll stick a few incredible films for you all to watch up here:

* Blade Runner
* Momento
* 12 Monkeys
* Blazing Saddles
* Alien

Cheers.

Back