3) Loaded Weapon 1
4) Snatch
5) Rush Hour 1 & 2

1) Kung Pow - Enter The Fist
2) Team America - World Police
3) Loaded Weapon 1
4) Snatch
5) Rush Hour 1 & 2

Kung Pow is funny, I watch it like once a year.
Hated Team America I think I chuckled once.
Loaded Weapon was funny and have wished that they would have made a 2nd.
Don't really recall Snatch
Rush Hour(s) are funny.

This topic is close to my heart. I love comedy. I love to laugh, and I think that there is no such thing as a cheap or tasteless joke, as long as it makes someone laugh.

So what's your top 5 comedies and why? I'll start, in no particular order:

Arthur This might be my favorite film of all time. Non-stop laughs. Every character is hilarious and the writing is wow, ok. Even the sequel was pretty good, although not as brilliant as the first. Love that the 'lesson' from the film is that you can remain a drunk and still keep your fortune and get the girl :)

Dr Strangelove This really doesn't need an explanation.

The Graduate Some folks may not consider this a comedy, and I would agree that the second half of the film wasn't. But wow, the first half is just so awkwardly great.

The Producers (1969) Wonderful showbiz comedy. I love all of Mel Brooks stuff, but this, his first film, is still his best. I wish I knew how he managed to write his first (finished) feature script and convinced a producer to let him direct and have final cut. What?! How awesome would that be?!

A Fish Called Wanda We all knew that John Cleese was hilarious, but Kevin Kline? I was unawares until I saw this film. A wonderful zainy romp.

Some honorable mentions:

I Love You to Death
Some Like it Hot
Young Frankenstein
The Jerk
The Auteur
Bullworth
Good Morning Vietnam
Mrs Doubtfire

EDIT: Some more:

The Big Lebowski
Christopher Guest films
Noises Off
Goonies

What are yours?

man. that's a really good list. The Big Lebowski for sure. I'm a sucker for teen comedies, but the most recent "top comedy worthy films of all time" would be "exit through the gift shop."

Kung Pow is funny, I watch it like once a year.
Hated Team America I think I chuckled once.
Loaded Weapon was funny and have wished that they would have made a 2nd.
Don't really recall Snatch
Rush Hour(s) are funny.

I have loads more, just couldn't think of any at the time of posting. I agree, I was really hopeing for a second LW, but it never came around. Kung Pow? Same as you, gotta watch it every few months just for the sake of rolling on the floor laughing. "Do you think he gave us the signal?" "I don't know, he was moaning for a while..." :lol:

You guys don't know what true comedy is. Not one of you mentioned Blazing Saddles. *sigh*

That's totally valid. But if I had included Blazing Saddles then I would have had to make my whole list Mel Brooks films. You are talking to one of the biggest Mel fans out there.

My website, for proof: http://ysos.sammigirl.com

Oh, and I just realised that I put Bullworth on my list. I actually meant Bowfinger. I get hysterical whenever I think about Eddie Murphy's 'highway' scene.

Did I also mention Wag the Dog? Can't remember, but that's a great one.

@Uranium, I've avoided Idiocracy based on the fact that there's something about Luke Wilson that I can't stand. But I just rented it the other night and it was hilarious. And scary. Really campy, but funny.

Too hard to list only 5 so I just will list the ones I can think of for now

I like the Dane Cook movies

Lucky Chuck
My Best Friends Girl
Employee of the Month

Jim Carey Movies
Dumb and Dumber
Bruce Almighty
Fun with Dick and Jane

Adam Sandler
Water Boy
Happy Gilmore