• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

tips

I suggest you do a lot of reading and writing and writing and reading. With such a vague question, my only reply to you would be do some research on screenwriting before you ask a question like that on a forum.

You can check out some books from the library. You can take some screenwriting classes. You can start writing something...

You have to take *some* initiative...

:)

This week is full of confusing questions :lol:

Please give us more details. You have written screenplays and are wondering what the next step is? Or, you have written stories and are wondering how to turn them into formatted screenplays?

Well, it's almost impossible to succeed in the USA - literally about one in a million scripts end up on screen. Odds are probably *much* better in Portugal. At one time I had a producer looking for scripts that could film in Portugal, and I know a screenwriter who wrote a crime film for a Portuguese producer that was made in Portugal and Brazil - so I know they make movies there and buy screenplays.

Much of this business is personal relationships, and it is easier to develop personal relationships where you live. Go to film festivals and meet people. In May buy the Cannes issue of Screen International - it will list companies and have phone numbers and addresses (contact information). Most information can be found by spending the time trying to find it - I have no idea how to find producers in Portugal, but if I spend enough time searching for producers in Los Angeles I can usually find them.

- Bill

yap that's it , I 've written some stuff and I don't know what to do next , cause here in my country it's quite dificult to suceed in this business

It's dificult to suceed in this business in any country! The thing that you need to keep reminding yourself is that when thing get tough
you need to get tougher and work harder. Working in film and/or television can, for some be quite exciting. There is nothing like
controled chaos to get the blood flowing. And remember to have fun at your craft!

Terry

Back