• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Timelapse Videos

It really depends. I've used both.

If you're in a professional environment where time is money, you want something you can rely on which will work efficiently.

But if you're on your own, doing timelapses on your own time, the shutterboss works just fine. I use mine as a backup now. A few months after i bought it, it started having "beep" issues where it is supposed to give you a coordinated beep according to your settings but sometimes it does, sometimes it is just silent, sometimes it is off by the numbers. But it takes the photos when it is supposed to, which is the most important thing. I still use it when im doing timelapses under rain or other potentially destructive cirumstances because i can afford to lose it. It still works, other than the "beep" issue.

ok i am re-visiting this topic cause i really want to buy one of these.. so basically its down to Vello vs Canon.. Vello is $52, Canon is $135.. any other units other than those two that you would recommend? i am looking on B&H..

Back