• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

story Throw away ideas, that can turn into a story

Not a great topic, but I still like the idea (if I even know where I am going with this) a community approach to a story, where egos will clash, ideas will not match, but it sure is fun to see what can happen.

Post a throw away idea, and be open minded to how the direction flows from other writers, you threw the idea away, so let it be a community (when needing a break from your main work) event:)

Last edited:
Here's one. An idea not necessarily throw-away, but one none the less.

Two would-be writers, one earnest, soulful, but transparently amateur, and the other apathetic, soulless, but transparently skillful, meet in a screenwriting workshop and collaborate. Who will learn what from who?

(edit: not sure if there should be a whom here and too lazy to look it up and decide)
Here's my take

They both decide to make a script about the effect of words and conversations.

The soulful one focuses on how "Words are the biggest sin of mankind."

The soulless one, however, creates how "Words are the greatest wonders of civilization."

For the soulful one, the very idea was met with hatred and he was advised by the sponsors to grow up and write something coming out of his self-obsessed comfort zone. The soulless one made his grand debut and the film was a blockbuster. He happily walked away gaining all the credits, fame, money, etc.

Title: The fallacy of equivocation

Global warming and extreme weather events wreak havoc. In response, all peoples of the world unite in hunger strike to protest Gods natural disasters. Everyone starves to death and then the planet heals.

I am very optimistic about the idea in the sense that this is what true religion is all about, stressing the ending "the planet heals".

But I am not a religious man either, however, if this idea ever graduates to a film, I'll sticky it on my head and become a converted.

Brutally Honest.

Hideous aliens come to earth and with incredible sexual infatuation toward humans - But they only share their amazing futuristic technologies with the people that have sex with them
Ha. I like the idea of God, looking down on the hunger strikers, thinking: So...?

Also: Fuckers From Another Wolrld. Or: The Fuckers Came from Outer Space. Or just: Fucking Aliens!

The technology was about the "Union". And their infatuation was their passion.

The offspring resulted in the Andromedans, pure energy yet physical in form.

But first they need to verify who he is, his birthday, social security number, mothers maiden name
This reminds me of a beautiful poem by an unknown poet in another poetry forum...

Virtually Friends​

I don’t know you
but it feels as though I do
because although our faces haven’t,
our minds have met
through the magic
of the medium
of mechanised
messaging.
Your words, not written but transmitted,
stardust smattered ,have so often
found in me a correspondent;
your mirrored echo across the miles.
Unfettered by our real lives
we can be who we want to be
and you can read between my lines,
see me for who I really am.

Two would-be writers, one earnest, soulful, but transparently amateur, and the other apathetic, soulless, but transparently skillful, meet in a screenwriting workshop and collaborate. Who will learn what from who?
I asked who will learn what from who? And the answer seems pretty obvious: the amateur learns how to be a better writer, and the skillful stylist learns how to be a better person. And this, I fear, is not my genre, not one I am very comfortable with: "feel good," lol

Last edited:
Ok, I've accidentally written another throwaway script.

This one is called "Ham Sandwich Assassin"

Tagline -
A hitman accepts a contract to kill an opportunistic criminal, and finds a way to work smarter, not harder.

Scene 1 - Strangers on a Train

A man sits alone on a train, reading. Another man watches him intently from another booth, then walks over and sits down across from him.

The stranger makes him an offer. Help him commit a murder, by acting as a lookout during the event, and get paid 300k in cash for an hour of work. The stranger explains that he needs someone who has no recorded connection with him, and that their completely random meeting would make the crime untraceable, unsolvable.

The man he approached considers the offer, and asks to see the money, which he is discreetly shown across the table. He asks what he would have to do. The assassin explains to him that the plan is to assassinate the mark with a sniper rifle from a hotel suite at the top of a building across the street from where the target will soon be arriving. There will be a very narrow time window where the target walks from his limo to the front door of the building, and he simply needs the man to call out when the target is approaching, so the Assassin can stay focused on the target zone at the critical moment.

Scene 2 - The Room

Seeing the cash in the briefcase, the man he approached agrees, after being reassured that the 300k will be his within the hour, as long as he completes this simple task, and never speaks of it again.

The two get off of the train, and ride the elevator up to a high floor of a hotel. They enter a hotel room on the corner of the building, with a clear view of the area where the target should arrive. Once inside, the assassin has the man help him cover the room in plastic sheets, explaining that it's the only way to contain DNA, tiny hairs, and gunshot residue that might provide the police with clues.

Once the room is covered in the plastic, the assassin unpacks a sniper rifle from a briefcase, and mounts it on a tripod in the window, carefully adjusting the scope for bullet drop.

"How long until the target arrives?" asks the lookout nervously.

"Probably about 15 minutes" he replies, focused on making tiny adjustments to his rifle scope. "We'll have to get out of here quick once I fire the shot. Sniper rifles are loud, and with the target going down in front of so many witnesses, the police will be crawling all over this place in minutes."

Scene 3 - The Hit

The assassin looks up at his new acquaintance, and says "hey, I think there is a ham sandwich in the mini fridge, can you grab it for me?"

The lookout says "sure"

He turns and begins walking towards the mini fridge, and the assassin pulls out a silenced pistol and shoots him in the back of the head.

He walks over the the corpse, which has landed neatly on the plastic sheeting, rolls the man over, takes a picture of his face with an analogue camera, and then sends a text message. He packs the rifle back into the case, closes the window, and leaves the hotel.

Last edited:
Hi Dean,

Thank you for interesting post,, here are two "Ideas Sparks" - incomplete ideas inspire for complete ones -

1- "A person has his PC connected to strange name of Wi-Fi connection, browsing internet, he notices something strange...."

2- "In a time when different realms have collapsed, due to high intensity of black holes, some realms have survived thanks to developed technology using black holes, to fuse all living beings of the realm, leading the realm to survive as one entity/creature...leading to new age....Age of Cosmic Entities..."

Last edited:
ok, so I'm throwing this one away, it was just a test pattern for some AI research.

If you need the complete text for a lackluster children's book, I wrote this one last night while trying to figure out how the controls worked on the EB white robot. Turns out it's way too much time and effort to waste on a really stupid premise, but it was a good learning experience. The robot needs a lot of very specific language and format to tell a coherent story. I'll just throw random completed novels in here until it writes a good one.

"Spaghetti and Empire: The Chronicles of Tommy"

Chapter 1

"The Spaghetti Eureka Moment"

Tommy had always been an average cook, but one day he had an idea that would change his life forever. It was a hot summer day, and he was in the kitchen, trying to make a quick and easy dinner. As he reached for the spaghetti, he realized he was out of tomato sauce. With nothing else in the pantry, he decided to improvise. He reached for the jar of peanut butter, a bottle of hot sauce, and a can of diced tomatoes.

As he mixed the ingredients together, he had no idea what he was in for. The sauce was unlike anything he had ever tasted before - it was creamy, savory, and spicy, all at the same time. He quickly cooked up the spaghetti, stirred in the sauce, and took a bite. And just like that, the spaghetti eureka moment was born. Tommy knew he was onto something big.

Excited by his discovery, Tommy immediately called his best friend, Matt, over for dinner. As they sat at the kitchen table, eagerly digging into the spaghetti, they both agreed that it was the best they had ever tasted. "Tommy, you've got to bottle this stuff and sell it," Matt exclaimed, as he wiped a drop of sauce from his chin.

Tommy was hesitant at first, but as he thought about it more and more, he realized that his friend was right. He had stumbled upon a game-changing recipe and he was eager to share it with the world. Over the next few days, Tommy worked tirelessly to perfect the sauce and figure out the best way to mass produce it.

As he experimented with different ingredients, he knew he was onto something special. And before long, the small kitchen in his apartment had transformed into a mini spaghetti factory. He filled jar after jar with the sauce, labeling each one with the name he had come up with: "Tommy's Secret Sauce."

Tommy's mind was racing with excitement as he thought about the potential of his new product. He was eager to get started and see where this spaghetti journey would take him. Little did he know that it would be the beginning of a wild and unexpected ride.

Tommy's first move was to bring his sauce to the local farmers market. He set up a small booth and started handing out samples to anyone who passed by. It didn't take long for the crowds to start gathering, and before he knew it, people were lined up to buy jars of his sauce.

He was stunned by the positive response and couldn't believe how quickly his sauce was catching on. As the day came to a close, he sold out of every jar he had brought and was left with a long list of customers eager to buy more.

Over the next few weeks, Tommy worked tirelessly to keep up with the demand for his sauce. He rented a small commercial kitchen and hired a few employees to help him with the production. As word of mouth spread, more and more customers started reaching out to place orders. It was clear that Tommy's Secret Sauce was a hit.

Tommy was on cloud nine as he realized that he was no longer just a cook, but a budding entrepreneur. He had taken a simple idea and turned it into a thriving business, and he was eager to see where it would take him next. The future was looking bright, and Tommy couldn't wait to see what lay ahead.

Chapter 2

"The Rise to Fame"

With the success of his sauce, Tommy soon found himself in the public eye. He was approached by local food critics, who wanted to try his sauce for themselves and write about it in their magazines. To his surprise, the reviews were overwhelmingly positive, with many calling his sauce the best they had ever tasted.

As the media coverage grew, so did the demand for his sauce. People from all over the country were reaching out to place orders, and Tommy was struggling to keep up with the production. He knew he needed to take his business to the next level and expand his operations, but he didn't know where to start.

That was when a well-known investor reached out to him. The investor was impressed by Tommy's sauce and saw the potential for it to become a household name. He offered to help Tommy grow his business, and in no time, Tommy's Secret Sauce was being sold in supermarkets across the country.

Tommy was amazed by the speed at which his business was growing and couldn't believe how far he had come. He was now a household name, and his sauce was a staple in kitchens everywhere. He was proud of what he had accomplished and was eager to see where this ride would take him next.

As his fame grew, so did the offers for appearances and endorsements. Tommy was a natural on camera and quickly became a sought-after spokesperson for the food industry. He was invited to cooking shows, food festivals, and even a celebrity cooking competition, where he wowed the judges with his spaghetti dish.

But with great success came great responsibility. Tommy was constantly in the public eye, and every move he made was closely scrutinized. He was determined not to let the fame go to his head and remained humble and grounded, always remembering where he came from.

Despite the hectic pace of his new life, Tommy was having the time of his life. He was doing what he loved - cooking and sharing his love of food with others. He was grateful for the opportunities that had come his way and was eager to use his platform to make a positive impact on the world.

As he stood on the stage, accepting yet another award for his sauce, Tommy couldn't help but smile. He had never imagined that his simple idea would lead him to where he was today, but he was grateful for every step of the journey. He was eager to see what lay ahead, and he was ready for whatever came his way.

But little did he know, the real adventure was just beginning. A chance encounter with a political advisor changed everything, as the advisor saw in Tommy the qualities of a great leader and encouraged him to run for office. At first, Tommy was hesitant, but as he thought about it more, he realized that he had a unique opportunity to make a difference in people's lives.

With the support of his family and friends, and the help of his trusted team, Tommy threw his hat into the political arena. He ran a campaign centered around honesty, transparency, and a commitment to making people's lives better, and before he knew it, he had won the hearts of the people.

Tommy was now the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, and he was eager to use his new platform to make positive change. He implemented policies to support small businesses and to improve access to education and healthcare. His popularity skyrocketed, and he quickly became one of the most beloved leaders in the country's history.

As he settled into his new role, Tommy couldn't help but think back on the journey that had brought him here. He never would have imagined that a simple idea for a new type of spaghetti sauce would lead him to the highest office in the land, but he was grateful for every step of the journey. He was determined to use his position to make a difference and to leave a lasting impact on the world.

Chapter 3

"The Great Spaghetti Scandal"

Just as things were going smoothly for Tommy, a major scandal rocked his office. A rival company accused Tommy of stealing their secret spaghetti sauce recipe and using it to make his own. The media jumped on the story, and soon the entire country was talking about the "Great Spaghetti Scandal."

Tommy was blindsided by the allegations and was determined to clear his name. He hired the best lawyers and investigators to look into the matter, but the more they dug, the murkier the situation became. It seemed as though the rival company had a strong case, and Tommy's popularity was plummeting.

Despite the mounting evidence against him, Tommy refused to give up. He was confident that the truth would come out, and he was determined to fight for his name and his legacy. He threw himself into his work, focusing on the issues that mattered to the people, and tried to ignore the media frenzy that surrounded him.

But the scandal refused to die down, and it seemed as though Tommy's political career was hanging by a thread. He was facing mounting pressure from all sides, and he was struggling to keep his composure. He was determined to find a way out of this mess, but he didn't know where to turn.

As the investigations continued, Tommy was faced with a difficult decision. He could either come clean and admit to his wrongdoing, or he could continue to fight and risk losing everything he had worked so hard for. He was at a crossroads, and he had to make a choice that would determine the rest of his life.

As the scandal continued to unfold, Tommy received a mysterious package in the mail. It contained a video that showed the rival company's head chef admitting to falsifying evidence against Tommy and fabricating the entire spaghetti scandal.

Overjoyed by the turn of events, Tommy immediately went public with the information, clearing his name and reputation. The public was shocked by the revelation, and the rival company was sued for defamation.

The Great Spaghetti Scandal quickly became a distant memory, and Tommy's popularity soared once again. He was hailed as a hero for standing up for what was right, and for refusing to back down in the face of adversity.

But the scandal had taken a toll on Tommy, and he realized that he needed to take some time to recharge and refocus. He took a brief leave of absence from London and traveled to a remote island, where he spent time reflecting on his journey and re-evaluating his priorities.

When he returned, he was a changed man. He was more determined than ever to make a difference in people's lives and to leave a lasting legacy. He had a newfound appreciation for the fragility of his position and was grateful for the opportunity to serve the people.

Tommy's experience had taught him a valuable lesson - that no matter how successful you are, you are never immune to adversity. But it had also shown him that with hard work, determination, and a little bit of luck, anything is possible. He was eager to continue his journey and to see where life would take him next.

In the months following the scandal, Tommy's popularity continued to rise. His leadership skills, combined with his reputation as a champion of the people, made him a formidable political force. He embarked on a number of ambitious initiatives, including the creation of new jobs, the expansion of public health care, and the implementation of stricter environmental regulations.

As his popularity grew, so did the speculation about his future political ambitions. Rumors began to circulate that he was considering running for a second term as Prime Minister, or even higher office.

Tommy remained tight-lipped about his future plans, but he did little to dispel the rumors. He was aware of his growing influence and the impact he was having on the country, and he was considering his options carefully.

One evening, as Tommy was relaxing at home, he received a call from the Prime Minister. The Prime Minister informed Tommy that he was resigning, and that the country was in need of a new leader. He asked Tommy to consider stepping up and taking on the role.

Tommy was stunned. He had never considered running for such a high-profile position, but he was also aware of the opportunity it presented. He weighed the pros and cons, and after much deliberation, he decided to throw his hat into the ring.

The election was a heated affair, but Tommy emerged victorious, becoming the youngest and most popular Prime Minister in the country's history. He was eager to get to work, and he was determined to make a difference in the lives of the people.

With the Great Spaghetti Scandal far behind him, Tommy was ready to tackle the challenges of the future, and to make a lasting impact on the world.

Chapter 4

"Top Chef"

Tommy's first year as Prime Minister was a whirlwind of activity. He tackled the country's biggest challenges head-on, from economic inequality to climate change. He implemented a number of reforms, including tax cuts for the middle class, increased funding for public education, and new regulations to protect the environment.

But despite his best efforts, he soon realized that the political landscape was far more complex than he had anticipated. He encountered resistance from various interest groups and political opponents, who were determined to block his agenda.

Undeterred, Tommy pressed on, using his charisma and public speaking skills to rally support for his initiatives. He made regular appearances on television and gave speeches to large crowds, sharing his vision for a better future.

As his popularity continued to grow, so did the speculation about his future political ambitions. Rumors began to circulate that he was considering running for the presidency of the European Union, a position that would give him even more influence and power.

Tommy was aware of the rumors, but he remained tight-lipped about his future plans. He was focused on his current role and was determined to make the most of it. But he was also aware of the opportunities that lay ahead, and he was considering his options carefully.

One day, as Tommy was preparing for an important speech, he received a visit from a delegation of European leaders. They had come to offer him the presidency of the European Union, and to ask him to take on the mantle of leadership for the entire continent.

Tommy was stunned. He had never considered running for such a high-profile position, but he was also aware of the opportunity it presented. He weighed the pros and cons, and after much deliberation, he decided to accept the offer.

With the entire continent watching, Tommy embarked on a new chapter in his journey, determined to make a difference in the lives of people across Europe.

As Prime Minister of the European Union, Tommy quickly established himself as a dynamic and visionary leader. He implemented a number of reforms, including the creation of a European-wide job program, the expansion of public health care, and the implementation of stricter environmental regulations.

But his leadership style was not without its critics. Some accused him of being too ambitious, and of overstepping his bounds. Others claimed that his reforms were too radical, and would ultimately harm the continent.

Tommy was unfazed by the criticism. He was passionate about his vision for a better future, and he was determined to see it through. He made regular appearances on television and gave speeches to large crowds, sharing his vision

for a united and thriving Europe. He also travelled extensively, meeting with leaders from around the world and building relationships with key international organizations.

As the months went by, Tommy's popularity continued to soar. He was widely seen as a charismatic and effective leader, and his approval ratings were through the roof. People were inspired by his vision and his tireless work ethic, and he was hailed as a hero across the continent.

But just as things were looking up, disaster struck. A major crisis hit Europe, and the entire continent was thrown into chaos. The crisis tested Tommy's leadership skills, and he was faced with some of the toughest decisions of his life.

Despite the challenges, Tommy remained steadfast and resolute. He worked tirelessly to find a solution to the crisis, and his unwavering commitment and leadership inspired the people of Europe. With his support and guidance, the crisis was eventually brought under control, and the continent emerged stronger and more united than ever.

In the years that followed, Tommy continued to make a huge impact on the world stage. He was reelected as Prime Minister of the European Union, and he continued to push for reforms and initiatives that made a real difference in people's lives. He was widely recognized as one of the most effective and visionary leaders of his time.

But despite his success, Tommy never forgot his humble beginnings. He continued to promote his spaghetti invention, and he often spoke about how it had changed his life and opened doors for him that he never thought possible.

Chapter 5

"The Last Battle"

Despite his many successes, Tommy's presidency was not without its challenges. In his third year in office, a major scandal rocked the country, and Tommy was implicated in the controversy.

The scandal centered around allegations that Tommy had used his position of power to further his own interests, and that he had taken bribes from powerful corporations in exchange for favorable policies. The allegations were serious, and they quickly made headlines around the world.

Tommy was stunned by the allegations, and he immediately issued a statement denying any wrongdoing. He insisted that he had always acted with integrity, and that he had never used his position for personal gain.

However, the damage had already been done. The scandal was a major blow to Tommy's reputation, and it tarnished his legacy. His approval ratings plummeted, and many people began to question his fitness for office.

Despite the challenges, Tommy remained resolute. He was determined to clear his name, and he began to mount a defense against the allegations. He hired a team of top lawyers, and he spent hours preparing for the upcoming trial.

The trial was a grueling affair, and it lasted for several weeks. The media was in a frenzy, and the entire country was fixated on the proceedings. With everything on the line, Tommy took the stand, ready to defend himself and his legacy.

Tommy's testimony was powerful and emotional. He spoke passionately about his commitment to the people of the United Kingdom, and he explained how he had always acted with integrity and honesty in his role as Prime Minister. He refuted the allegations against him, and he provided evidence to support his innocence.

The jury listened intently, and they were moved by Tommy's words. They deliberated for several days, and finally, they returned with a verdict.

Tommy was exonerated. The jury found him not guilty of all charges, and he was cleared of any wrongdoing. The verdict was a major victory for Tommy, and it was a testament to his integrity and his commitment to the truth.

The scandal had taken a toll on Tommy, but he was grateful for the support of the people of the United Kingdom. He was humbled by their faith in him, and he was determined to continue serving the country with distinction.

Over the next several years, Tommy continued to make a positive impact on the world stage. He was recognized as one of the greatest leaders of his generation, and his legacy was secure. He had proven that with hard work, determination, and a commitment to doing what was right, anything was possible.

Years passed, and Tommy grew old.

As he lay in his bed, surrounded by his family, Tommy reflected on his life. He was proud of what he had accomplished, and he was grateful for all of the opportunities that had come his way.

He thought about the day he had first created that revolutionary new type of spaghetti, and he smiled. It had changed his life, and it had changed the world.

With a smile on his face, Tommy took his final breath. He had lived a life filled with purpose and meaning, and he had left an indelible mark on the world. He was gone, but his legacy would live on forever.

The end.

OK. Great British Baking Show: The Musical!

I'm Paul Hollywood.
And I ain't no cracker.
Just a white boy britt.
I'm a baker not a rapper.

anyway.

Last edited:
I have a new idea

A lonely man enters a mental asylum named Ressurection whose one liner called " A refuge for phychological growth " and the symbol that he somehow imagined as the face of an alien that are parallel lines inside his distorted alternate reality where somwhere down the memory lane he hears hallucinatory voices referenced by the abstract art of telepathy that he finds quiet receptive and he begins his secret quest is to unify all gods under 1 roof that lies beneath his underwater waterworld of The Pacific At the bottom of the Marianna Trench where the crest above which his me above myself resides, reflections of a dark wanderer he wanted to be, the god particle called Kryptonite, from where his roots begin, the no mans land from the core of his heart where contiguous thoughts constant in stagnation generated continously, Interconnected with the codes and equations of The Green Witch Mean Time

The movie ends with he feeling slightly better after been released from Asylum on his way home he got lost in the alleyways But he used his basic common sense and trusted his primal instinct by
following the names and addresses of all the houses and by asking help from peoples he safely reached his home alone. Where he dreamed of a brave new World.

Back