• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Thrift Shop Parody

At my Church in an extremely short amount of time we had to make a promo for a camp, for some reason we decided to do a Thrift Shop Parody. Personally I was disappointed in a the end result but I thought I would share anyway. Our Macklemore actor turned out to suck at lip syncing, even after hearing the song over a hundred times, and we had an open invitation for Youth leaders to come along and only one did so 2 of the assistant video guys just had to be in the video.

I'm most happy with the actual audio recording as we were able to get it recorded and mixed in a studio.

Anyway here be it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qkQiShmeNo

Nice. Bit of fun.

Certainly some sharper lenses would've worked in your favour on this one!

Also second what Steve has to say - some poly (bounce boards) and some blacks for neg fill would have made a lot of these shots really pop.

All in all, nice work.

Haha. I liked it. Makes me wanna go to Jesus camp.

Hey that's the idea :P :)

I quite liked the parody, well done!

Thanks!

Nice. Bit of fun.

Certainly some sharper lenses would've worked in your favour on this one!

Also second what Steve has to say - some poly (bounce boards) and some blacks for neg fill would have made a lot of these shots really pop.

All in all, nice work.

Agree with you on the lens issue. This was just the 18-55mm kit lens, which I have to use because I was using the steadicam. I have a (friends) music video shoot coming up in which they want a lot of steadicam, meaning I can't use my 50mm and it's crazy trying to convince them to let me hire a better wide lens for it. Considering hiring one anyway despite the Bendigo isues :/

Well done haha. Great concept and cinematography-wise I think you did great!

Thanks! :)

Agree with you on the lens issue. This was just the 18-55mm kit lens, which I have to use because I was using the steadicam. I have a (friends) music video shoot coming up in which they want a lot of steadicam, meaning I can't use my 50mm and it's crazy trying to convince them to let me hire a better wide lens for it. Considering hiring one anyway despite the Bendigo isues :/

If you can get to Melbourne try Ben's or:
http://melbourne.camerarental.biz/

the lenses are pretty cheap, especially if you're only doing a one day stint.

Otherwise, I'm sure there are some local photographers with nice lenses that you could throw $50 their way to borrow their lens?

If you can get to Melbourne try Ben's or:
http://melbourne.camerarental.biz/

the lenses are pretty cheap, especially if you're only doing a one day stint.

Otherwise, I'm sure there are some local photographers with nice lenses that you could throw $50 their way to borrow their lens?

All my lens options are completely booked for the weekend we're shooting. Strange considering if I wanted to hire for today only a few days ago I would have been fine, but (a few days ago) all my wider options were booked for our shooting date, so that's why I'm a little bit of a pickle :P But I hadn't thought to ask any photographers, I'll look into that

Back