Thread for regional indie fans.??

Would it be a good idea to set up some regional threads/topics to get people in touch with local indies? I am not finding too many audio-video fans in my local area with which to discuss or collaborate. It could be set up as Northeast, South, West coast, or what have you... Then sub-regions by state? I know lots of people put their location in their info, but it would be nice to know who "wants" to find others to work or visit with. Getting into the "local" indie scene is not that easy in every town.....

Ok, so can anyone offer advice where to find local film makers in my area? Tried Craigslist, nothing. Looking for potential help with audio, lighting, camera, directing, etc. Will try the local college media department I guess, they might have some advanced students...

where's the nearest film school to your location? contact people there, because chances are, if they're going to film school, they're interested in film.

Ok, so can anyone offer advice where to find local film makers in my area?

Try Facebook. In Las Vegas, there are more than a dozen Facebook groups. For example: Nevada Film Group, Nevada Film Alliance, Las Vegas Motion Picture Syndicate, Film Friends of Las Vegas, Underground Vegas Film, Low Budget Filmmaking, etc., etc. It literally goes on. I imagine most cities have this kind of thing, yes? Usually getting involved with one will overlap you with members of all of them.

Thanks guys, I will contact the CL folks, but didn't do so before (I did see that one...) because I'm not available full time. Still might be able to meet some locals there though, and lend a hand.

Back