• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

campaign The Unknown Warrior

I don't think the "ruthless" or " gory" aspects of a ninja movie is an issue here. Sadistic and gory fight scenes are a common theme in ninja stories( Think Ninja assassin or the phenomenon video game Ninja gaiden). The main issue is the story. You should try to put all these ideas that you've mentioned into a coherent screenplay. I know it may seem unnecessary to you right now, but trust me, when you try to actually WRITE the stuff on a piece of paper, everything changes. You'll realize you need to do so much more than what you initially thought. A small example : you know the general premise but do you know what your actors will specifically say in each scene? Going forward just with the flow of each scene usually doesn't result in a good story.
See. This is good criticism.

But... a ninja afraid of his shadow, that's comedy gold...
When did i say a ninja was “afraid” of his shadow ? I said dont let your shadow be your enemy. If you dont understand what that means then you have now right talking about what a ninja really is.

Last edited:
I don't think the "ruthless" or " gory" aspects of a ninja movie is an issue here. Sadistic and gory fight scenes are a common theme in ninja stories( Think Ninja assassin or the phenomenon video game Ninja gaiden). The main issue is the story. You should try to put all these ideas that you've mentioned into a coherent screenplay. I know it may seem unnecessary to you right now, but trust me, when you try to actually WRITE the stuff on a piece of paper, everything changes. You'll realize you need to do so much more than what you initially thought. A small example : you know the general premise but do you know what your actors will specifically say in each scene? Going forward just with the flow of each scene usually doesn't result in a good story.
Thanks man for your opinion. I will take that to heart. It makes sense. I have a story describing the scenes and whats going on, but i dont have exactly what each character will be saying during that scene. Thanks

See. Terrible criticism. See the difference ?

believe it or not encouraging you to write a script is some of the most helpful criticism you can receive.
i think you are quite confused if you believe that is terrible criticism. I tried to make an analogy for you to see the error of your ways but maybe its hopeless ?

I will make one more attempt to reach you.
There is a common expression in the industry ... writing is rewriting.

What this means is that scripts are never done on the first draft.
Why? Because Criticizing stuff is a lot easier than creating stuff.

So first you write something.
Then you read it and criticize it.
Then you rewrite it and its even better.

This process can repeat and the script keeps getting better every time.
You film version 4 of your script this way. If you just go in and improvise youre only going to film version 1 of your script.

if you write it and then rewrite it the movie will be even better. probably a lottttt better.

Last edited:
believe it or not encouraging you to write a script is some of the most helpful criticism you can receive.
i think you are quite confused if you believe that is terrible criticism. I tried to make an analogy for you to see the error of your ways but maybe its hopeless ?

I will make one more attempt to reach you.
There is a common expression in the industry ... writing is rewriting.

What this means is that scripts are never done on the first draft.
Why? Because Criticizing stuff is a lot easier than creating stuff.

So first you write something.
Then you read it and criticize it.
Then you rewrite it and its even better.

This process can repeat and the script keeps getting better every time.
You film version 4 of your script this way. If you just go in and improvise youre only going to film version 1 of your script.

if you write it and then rewrite it the movie will be even better. probably a lottttt better.
Thats a lot better criticism. I understood your analogy. You just were kind of a dick when you said it. Thats all. You could have said this in the first place.

Who did you study under?
I studied under many different teachers, masters of many different martial arts. Being a ninja does not mean that you are restricted to these books you guys refer to. A ninja should first and foremost be proficient in multiple martial arts. This is something you have failed to mention about the ninja.

For example:
If a guy learned and mastered 15 different martial arts in his lifetime plus ninjitsu. Meditated every day. Twice a day for 2 hours at a time. He would be considered a ninja. But what if that same guy never heard of these books you guys refer to ? Would that make him not a ninja ? What really is a ninja at that point ? These books you speak of really are for samurai who became ninja. They needed a code similar to bushido. If they didnt, they may have strayed too far to the evil side.
So according to these books; there cant be an “evil” ninja. I just cant agree with that. Sometimes one must commit evil acts to save. Only because the enemy has no code. The enemy is evil. You cannot show evil respect. The enemy will just tear you apart.

I studied under many different teachers, masters of many different martial arts. Being a ninja does not mean that you are restricted to these books you guys refer to. A ninja should first and foremost be proficient in multiple martial arts. This is something you have failed to mention about the ninja.

For example:
If a guy learned and mastered 15 different martial arts in his lifetime plus ninjitsu. Meditated every day. Twice a day for 2 hours at a time. He would be considered a ninja. But what if that same guy never heard of these books you guys refer to ? Would that make him not a ninja ? What really is a ninja at that point ? These books you speak of really are for samurai who became ninja. They needed a code similar to bushido. If they didnt, they may have strayed too far to the evil side.
So according to these books; there cant be an “evil” ninja. I just cant agree with that. Sometimes one must commit evil acts to save. Only because the enemy has no code. The enemy is evil. You cannot show evil respect. The enemy will just tear you apart.
You know, you're kind of a dick when you say this. You want people to respond
with respect to you and offer criticism you find helpful yet you do not do the same.

I'm on YOUR side, have been all along. Yet you answer me with "you guys" as if
I am speaking for someone else. I didn't suggest any of the things you accuse me
of suggesting. I have never suggested you cannot write a ninja in exactly the way
you want to write a ninja.

I am simply curious so I asked a few questions. I don't know what makes a ninja. I only
know what little I have read. I wanted to learn from you.

I won't do it again. I apologize.

Last edited:
Thats a lot better criticism. I understood your analogy. You just were kind of a dick when you said it. Thats all. You could have said this in the first place.

good. start writing the script then.
as a consumer I prefer to purchase products that are not first generation.

I think second iteration products are generally much better.

with respect to you and offer criticism you find helpful yet you do not do the same.

I am speaking for someone else. I didn't suggest any of the things you accuse me
of suggesting. I have never suggested you cannot write a ninja in exactly the way

I am simply curious so I asked a few questions. I don't know what makes a ninja. I only

Im sorry man. Youre right. I should not have taken your question like that. You have been giving me nothing but really good advice. I apologize for that.

I got carried away and replied to all of the comments to your reply. I should not have done that.
To answer your question:
I have studied under many different martial artist. My dad was actually my first sensei. He was a taekwondo instructor and that is where i learned my first martial art. He started to teach me when i was 5. I remember he bought me my own gi and i would wear it everywhere until i grew out of it.

Last edited:
Back