• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

THE THIRD COMING: Trailer and Website to new action/scifi

Hey, just joined these boards. This seems like a really cool forum. :)

Anyway, here is some information and a few trailers to a film of ours that's due in a few months: THE THIRD COMING.. Also, just introducing people to our site, Zarrangeloflix.

ttc2ky0.png

Trailers: There are currently three, all which can be viewed on Stage6 or Youtube. Links to them are on the movie's homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/zarrangeloflix/thethirdcoming.htm

Plot: In the year 2012, in the wake of World War III, two astronauts (one a dedicated Catholic; the other an athiest) witness the end of the world from space. They come back only to find their loved ones, their homes, and everything that meant something to them destroyed. Facing physiological and physical torture, they ban together and venture off to what is left of the Vatican, to meet their destiny.

Looking forward to any questions/comments/criticisms you have on the trailers or the film itself. And to getting to know some of you. :)

EDIT: From another post, regarding the Zarrangeloflix Website

Here you can watch some of our old films, watch trailers and read scripts to our upcoming films, and discuss on the forum. *Not as a substitute for this forum, of course.

The majority of our work is fanfilming and visual effects-heavy films.

Hope to see you there.

http://www.freewebs.com/zarrangeloflix/

Last edited:
OFFICIAL ZARRANGELOFLIX WEBSITE

Here you can watch some of our old films, watch trailers and read scripts to our upcoming films, and discuss on the forum. *Not as a substitute for this forum, of course.

The majority of our work is fanfilming and visual effects-heavy films.

Hope to see you there. ;)

http://www.freewebs.com/zarrangeloflix/

thanks, spinner.

indietalk, can you change the thread title to "THE THIRD COMING: Trailer and Website to new action/scifi" since the threads are merged

thanks. yeah mostof the film was shot on green screen. the majority of the background plates were shot at a construction site where a hotel is being butt. gives it a nice demolished nyc look :)

Your use of green screening and video layers is very impressive. So the editing and effects skills are very promising.

As for the actual trailer as a whole (I watched #3) -- I would have appreciated more insight into the story. The balance was much more focused on showing the effects.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

The trailers do need a bit more story, I agree. The first one has the most story incorporated into it, but it still isn't enough. I'll keep that in mind for the final trailer.

checked out your site. For ameture filmmakers the trailer show real promise. Obviosly if you want to take it up to a more professional level your going to have to make your cgi more beleivable. Have you considered when you are older of attending an animation school? My brother goes to one down in Florida called Dave School. It's all hands on. Cost about 30,000 a year. It's only one year. But he has shown me some of the stuff they are doing and it makes huge improvements in your animation ability. Also gets you good connections.

JWB

Last edited by a moderator:
Something I've considered. id like to definetely pursue something film-oriented in college, and eventually as a profession. Whether it will be directing, writing, visual effects, ect. still not sure. But animation is something I'm considering. :)

Back