• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Tale of CHRISTMISS

60284_443151692627_500987627_5120906_7347030_n.jpg

Thought I would post a little teaser image for a animation film I am creating called, "The Tale of Christmiss"

The story is as follows:
Santa accidentally sleeps through Christmas after spending a night out drinking with his elves, celebrating yet another successful year of preparing for the holiday. Now big red must battle fairy tale characters to find "the one" who can help him correct this mistake and make everything right.

I'm using after effects for some animation. Paper cut outs, etc. It's a mix of a bunch of different styles. The screen shot above is construction paper and colored pencils.

It's Die Hard meets Evil Dead meets Terminator with a side of Scott Pilgrim vs The World battle scenes.

I'm actually doing this as a Christmas gift for family and friends. Figured what would make for a better gift than an animated Christmas film that will take 4 months to make.

Ha. This is definitely going to be a case of "it's the thought that counts"...

Thanks guys. When finished I will post it for all to see.

I don't think I need to tell you that this is exactly how Trey Parker and Matt Stone got their start. They were just making an animated Christmas card for friends -- "Santa vs. Jesus". Look how that turned out.

I don't think I need to tell you that this is exactly how Trey Parker and Matt Stone got their start. They were just making an animated Christmas card for friends -- "Santa vs. Jesus". Look how that turned out.

Yeah I know, There is actually two versions of their Christmas cartoon. The second version is the one that got them recognized. Still, they knew people in the industry. I mean, the person they made the cartoon for was a good friend of theirs who is now the top dog at FOX or somewhere.

Oh well.

Yeah I know, There is actually two versions of their Christmas cartoon. The second version is the one that got them recognized. Still, they knew people in the industry. I mean, the person they made the cartoon for was a good friend of theirs who is now the top dog at FOX or somewhere.

Oh well.

Ah, I wasn't aware of their connections. Nevertheless, you never know how things can turn out. I assume you've heard of the "Ryan vs. Dorkman" series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-is63goeBgc

These guys made these fan films for fun, but they did so well with it that they got a lot of online attention, and long story short, last I heard, they are working at Lucasfilm/ILM (can't remember which one).

So, anyway, good luck, and I look forward to watching it.

Cracker, No, never heard of those two dudes who now work at ILM/Lucasfilm... Have to look into that.

I honestly do not follow the animation scene much so I don't know much about anything.

Zen... DO NOT OPEN UNTIL CHRISTMAS! Actually it might be a while before I post anything. I don't want to post anything unfinished or rough. I'm not doing the sound and voices until the very end, so yeah... I might post some screen shots from time to time though.

Back