announcement The Official "Next Month" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figuring since many are still on lockdown we can continue. This time with a line of dialogue and prop. Or similar.

Next month we're going to do a more general approach and not do themes or challenges, we will simply award memberships to the best of the month! So it's more natural you just upload like you would to the gallery and it can get a vote, not matter what type of video it is. And we will set the voting so you can vote the entire month and don't have to wait. However for this to work YOU MUST VOTE! ;) We tried the old way. Themes, challenges, etc. Now let's try this more basic approach. But please, still VOTE when you see something you like. So here's to August and IOTM!

I'll also set unlimited votes (but 1 per video). You can just vote for things you like as you watch them.

Seeing as the IOTM took such a hit! This month is a break whist thinking it over. ;)

9/1 edit: Still taking abreak.

Last edited:
I'll be making something around Jan/Feb if we are still down to do these competitions.

Some thoughts I had:
1. I think the time between should be longer, a month in between isn't long enough to plan/shoot/post... Especially if you are just popping in every now and again.
2. Categories/Themes could be a little broader, less focused for creative flex. Take away the prop/line scheme, leave the overall category and time limit.
3. Better prizes? Or better separation to stand out from the rest of the site. Could you put the film of the month center stage on the main page? That might incentivize people to try harder, because people see their victory on the main site page?

Just some thoughts about the idea to make it a little more fun or engaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back